Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It ain't the end of the world
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
Beat the cowpukes next week, and then 1 of the final 2 and the division is ours.

And we also still have a shot at a bye week.
SpudDogg
Eagles aren't gonna win all their games.

I absolutely love this team. I am excited every week to watch them play. Win or lose, this is an excellent year to be a fan of this team.

Love Chip, hate Sanchez. Have my doubts about Foles being a winner in the playoffs/Supebowl.

Doesn't matter. Love the team and am proud to be an Eagles fan.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 7 2014, 06:39 PM) *
Beat the cowpukes next week, and then 1 of the final 2 and the division is ours.

And we also still have a shot at a bye week.

Still fully anticipate that we win the division. Bye week seems unbelievably unlikely at this point though. Think we'll have a very winnable home playoff game (against either Arizona or Detroit)

Winning two road playoff games seems very, very unlikely though.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Dec 7 2014, 06:42 PM) *

Who do you think will beat them?

We'll beat Dallas at home. The Redskins are the biggest dumpster fire in football. That will be enough for the division right there.

SAM I Am
QUOTE (SpudDogg @ Dec 7 2014, 07:42 PM) *

I absolutely love this team. I am excited every week to watch them play. Win or lose, this is an excellent year to be a fan of this team.

Love Chip, hate Sanchez. Have my doubts about Foles being a winner in the playoffs/Supebowl.

Doesn't matter. Love the team and am proud to be an Eagles fan.

I don't hate Sanchez, but he is what he is, a backup QB. I know it won't make some people on this board happy, but I for one look forward to Nick Foles return.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 7 2014, 06:46 PM) *
I don't hate Sanchez, but he is what he is, a backup QB. I know it won't make some people on this board happy, but I for one look forward to Nick Foles return.

I think they're both backups. Frankly, I don't think Chip did Sanchez any favors today with the conservative gameplan. Then again, the refs didn't do any favors by allowing the Seahawks to maul our receivers.

It was pretty much a nightmare scenario. Getting in a 10-point hole was pretty much a death sentence. Sanchez isn't a guy that's gonna lead us out of that. Not against that defense at least.
SpudDogg
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 7 2014, 07:45 PM) *
Who do you think will beat them?

We'll beat Dallas at home. The Redskins are the biggest dumpster fire in football. That will be enough for the division right there.

They might win out the season now, but I meant they won't win all the games in general. That statement was just me explaining that I love this team even when they lose.
Dreagon
One thing that helps both of us is Oakland beating the 49ers. That all but knocks them out of the playoff race, and means that the loser of next weeks game between us will only be competing against Seattle and Detroit for the wildcard.

The Seahawks still play the 49ers, the Cardinals, and the Rams...while Detroit still has games against Minnesota, Chicago, and Green Bay.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Dec 8 2014, 03:43 AM) *
One thing that helps both of us is Oakland beating the 49ers. That all but knocks them out of the playoff race, and means that the loser of next weeks game between us will only be competing against Seattle and Detroit for the wildcard.

The Seahawks still play the 49ers, the Cardinals, and the Rams...while Detroit still has games against Minnesota, Chicago, and Green Bay.

Looking at it that way, there is a very good chance that the NFC East will get a wild card.
Phits
Can't discount the Cards. Stanton may not be Palmer...but Palmer isn't all that either. They have a very sound disciplined defense. Right now there are 6 teams vying for a division title or the wildcard (excluding the NFC South).

NFC West
ARI 10-3
SEA 9-4

NFC East
EAGLES 9-4
DAL 9-4

NFC North
GB 9-3
DET 9-4
mcnabbulous
Arizona miraculously winning the NFCW would be the best case scenario for us.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 8 2014, 05:25 PM) *
Arizona miraculously winning the NFCW would be the best case scenario for us.

I'm not sure how much of a miracle it would be. They have been leading the division all season, with and without Palmer.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 8 2014, 06:22 PM) *
I'm not sure how much of a miracle it would be. They have been leading the division all season, with and without Palmer.

They are averaging fewer offensive TDs per game with Stanton at QB than Jacksonville. Something around 1.3, which is dreadful.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Dec 8 2014, 07:29 PM) *
They are averaging fewer offensive TDs per game with Stanton at QB than Jacksonville. Something around 1.3, which is dreadful.

I am not suggesting that he (Stanton) is anything special. However, with the way their D plays, he really doesn't have to be more than serviceable. As long as that 1 TD comes when it matters, they can still win ball games (like yesterday vs KC). If you consider that we were (almost) completely futile against the 'Hawks; yet we only lost by "10". Not to downplay SEA, but I wasn't overly impressed by them on either side of the ball yesterday. The same goes for SF and STL.
JeeQ

He's a special type of asshole laugh.gif Spends the entire game talking shit, backs it up, then talks more shit after the game is over
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.