Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One thing that worries me a little about today
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
They had some tape on the SEA d the last few weeks and they really were playing the run well and gang tackling and running to the ball.

By their style, this looks to me to be a "four yards and a cloud of turf" kind of running game. We have no time for McCoy to dance and take losses on runs. He needs to stick his nose in there and get the twos and threes and break a few tackles to make them into fours and fives. It may be ugly yards. I hope Chip keeps Polk and Sproles ready to get the ugly yards.

If McCoy takes a bunch of negative runs, then that puts Sanchez right where SEA wants him. In 2nd and 3rd and long. We need to stay at 2nd and 3rd and manageable.
mcnabbulous
I feel strangely confident about today's game.
Flying Dutchman
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Dec 7 2014, 12:44 PM) *
They had some tape on the SEA d the last few weeks and they really were playing the run well and gang tackling and running to the ball.

By their style, this looks to me to be a "four yards and a cloud of turf" kind of running game. We have no time for McCoy to dance and take losses on runs. He needs to stick his nose in there and get the twos and threes and break a few tackles to make them into fours and fives. It may be ugly yards. I hope Chip keeps Polk and Sproles ready to get the ugly yards.

If McCoy takes a bunch of negative runs, then that puts Sanchez right where SEA wants him. In 2nd and 3rd and long. We need to stay at 2nd and 3rd and manageable.

Good point Mikey but there is one other thing I think is being undervalued here. Our OL including Gardner is really firming up again into "Best of" quality. The return of the running game and the low sack numbers attests to that.
Despite people's expectations, it will not be such easy pickings for Seattle's D when we go for the pass. Seattle has not been that good against QBs who have time to go through their progressions. Our OL is the underappreciated key to victory today IMHO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.