Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maclin Breaks 1000 yards
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
J-Mac has solidified his position as our #1 option. Without the aid of consistently good QB play, Maclin is on pace for 100+ catches and 1400+ yards this season. If Jordan Matthews continues to develop this can be a very scary WR combination.

Here's hoping that this is not just a "contract year" performance.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Phits @ Dec 1 2014, 07:02 PM) *
J-Mac has solidified his position as our #1 option. Without the aid of consistently good QB play, Maclin is on pace for 100+ catches and 1400+ yards this season. If Jordan Matthews continues to develop this can be a very scary WR combination.

Here's hoping that this is not just a "contract year" performance.

Make no mistake about it, this is a "contract year" performance, and a damn good one at that. With that said, free agency or not next year, he would still be giving it his all this year either way, unlike some other wide receiver who was here who....

Mac is a character guy and would be giving it his all even if he wasn't on a one-year deal.

He rolled the dice by passing on a long-term deal the Birds offered him and signed a one-year deal with them. You can bet next year, unless the Birds tag him --- which is something I don't think they will do --- he will most likely be going to the highest bidder.

When that happens and if the Birds aren't the highest bidder, we'll miss him, but I say, good for him.

Even if the Birds were to offer him a really good deal prior to free agency, I think there is no doubt that he is going to test the waters anyway. After all, that was the purpose of the one-year deal.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 2 2014, 02:16 AM) *
Make no mistake about it, this is a "contract year" performance, and a damn good one at that. With that said, free agency or not next year, he would still be giving it his all this year either way, unlike some other wide receiver who was here who....

Mac is a character guy and would be giving it his all even if he wasn't on a one-year deal.

He rolled the dice by passing on a long-term deal the Birds offered him and signed a one-year deal with them. You can bet next year, unless the Birds tag him --- which is something I don't think they will do --- he will most likely be going to the highest bidder.

When that happens and if the Birds aren't the highest bidder, we'll miss him, but I say, good for him.

Even if the Birds were to offer him a really good deal prior to free agency, I think there is no doubt that he is going to test the waters anyway. After all, that was the purpose of the one-year deal.

I think you summed that up perfectly. Hopefully the Eagles can find the room to bring him back.
nephillymike
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Dec 1 2014, 08:33 PM) *
I think you summed that up perfectly. Hopefully the Eagles can find the room to bring him back.

With the 20 M of cap room rolled forward from this year, I think they can squeeze it in!
Zero
Not to steal from Mac's praise, but I heard something on the radio yesterday that caught my attention. I think it was Gargano who said the Brandon Graham was statistically one of the highest rated OLBs this year. Does anyone know where/how to follow up on that?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Zero @ Dec 2 2014, 05:06 AM) *
Not to steal from Mac's praise, but I heard something on the radio yesterday that caught my attention. I think it was Gargano who said the Brandon Graham was statistically one of the highest rated OLBs this year. Does anyone know where/how to follow up on that?

I believe that's a PFF rating, which Make It Rain may have access to.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Dec 1 2014, 08:16 PM) *

Hopefully the FO and Maclin realize they benefit from each other mutually. He won't come close to putting up these kinds of numbers on most teams.
JeeQ
Maclin is having a Pro-Bowl season and as for Graham he went from potential bust to must-have player. We can only hope Marcus Smith has a similar turn around in the next few seasons
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.