Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Road to the SB runs through GB
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
Assuming they hold on today, they're in really good shape to win out, based on their remaining schedule:

vs. ATL
@ Buff
@ TB
vs. Det

I think we have a very good shot of getting the #2 seed. The wheels are falling off in Arizona after Palmer's injury.

Hoping for a New England comeback...and as I type this, GB misses a field goal.

Dreagon
I'm gonna have to agree with this.

If I had to place money on it, I would say that today's game between GB and NE is a likely dress rehearsal for the Super Bowl.
rumply
NE score, they could do the Eagles a major favor by winning this
mcnabbulous
Fuck
HOUSEoPAIN
What a great game, this is what a battle between two championship caliber teams looks like. I know I should have pulled for GB, but I just can't in good conscience root for the Pats. I was hoping the stadium would collapse and both teams would get a loss.

If the Eagles beat Seattle on Sunday I'll throw everything I said out the window and get ready for the ride. If they win I think they run the table. If not, I still think we easily get a playoff berth, but not a bye.
mcnabbulous
That loss to Arizona is a killer. It's hard to imagine us going into GB in January and winning.

I think if we had them at home, we'd stand a very good chance.
JeeQ
Just pray the Packers don't have home field advatange
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Nov 30 2014, 07:34 PM) *
Just pray the Packers don't have home field advatange

The toughest team left on their schedule is in week 17, they may be resting their starters at that point.

The way things are shaping up, SF could be visiting them after the bye as the #5 seed (after they take out whatever crap team wins the South). SF can beat them in Lambeau.
CT_Eagle
I think GB has home field advantage wrapped unless they completely collapse. The head to head loss to GB puts the Eagles in a real bad spot for the #1 seed. The #2 seed is there for the taking. Ari is going to fade and may miss the playoffs completely. The battle for the #2 is with Seattle. This week's Phi-Sea game will more than likely determine the #2 seed.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Nov 30 2014, 07:50 PM) *
I think GB has home field advantage wrapped unless they completely collapse. The head to head loss to GB puts the Eagles in a real bad spot for the #1 seed. The #2 seed is there for the taking. Ari is going to fade and may miss the playoffs completely. The battle for the #2 is with Seattle. This week's Phi-Sea game will more than likely determine the #2 seed.

Yep
JeeQ
I'm calling the upset loss to Buffalo in what will come to be known as the "How The Fuck Did That Happen? game
JaxEagle
None of this matters unless we can win out. That's possible but I ain't bettin' on it...
Zero
The Packers had a great season in 2011, losing only to the Chiefs. They seemed unstoppable until they fell to the lowly 9-7 Giants in Green Bay. 9-6-1 Atlanta went to Lambeau in 2002 and thumped the 12-4 Pack.

Every game is different. Listen for the Fat Lady.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.