Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Get yo coffee and read the paper
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Dallas papers ...

Cowboys' defense shredded; playoffs in doubt
Dallas Morning News - Defensive end Jeremy Mincey hinted that Sunday's defeat was about ... lack of crowd support.

“We need fans yelling and yelling, helping the defense,” Mincey said. “We didn’t get much of that today. They’ve got to have a little more faith in us.”

As they boasted, Eagles own the Cowboys
Star Telegram - His routine disrupted by playing only four nights ago in New Jersey, his customary Wednesday off denied, quarterback Romo’s heretofore multi-efficient season unraveled at the seams in the face of the Philadelphia pass rush.

He hurried throws. He missed receivers. He threw off his back foot. He occasionally curled himself into a tiny ball.

Blame the Cowboys' offense, Tony Romo for huge loss to Eagles
Sports Day DFW - Pitbull was there. Lee Ann Womack was there. So was a very partisan home crowd 91,379, the largest of the season at AT&T Stadium.

Everyone showed up Thursday to see what Cowboys owner Jerry Jones called the biggest Thanksgiving game in his memory.

The Eagles brought the NFC’s best pass rush into the game. And Romo never did appear comfortable in the pocket.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 28 2014, 05:48 AM) *
Dallas papers ...

Cowboys' defense shredded; playoffs in doubt
Dallas Morning News - Defensive end Jeremy Mincey hinted that Sunday's defeat was about ... lack of crowd support.

“We need fans yelling and yelling, helping the defense,” Mincey said. “We didn’t get much of that today. They’ve got to have a little more faith in us.”

As they boasted, Eagles own the Cowboys
Star Telegram - His routine disrupted by playing only four nights ago in New Jersey, his customary Wednesday off denied, quarterback Romo’s heretofore multi-efficient season unraveled at the seams in the face of the Philadelphia pass rush.

He hurried throws. He missed receivers. He threw off his back foot. He occasionally curled himself into a tiny ball.

Blame the Cowboys' offense, Tony Romo for huge loss to Eagles
Sports Day DFW - Pitbull was there. Lee Ann Womack was there. So was a very partisan home crowd 91,379, the largest of the season at AT&T Stadium.

Everyone showed up Thursday to see what Cowboys owner Jerry Jones called the biggest Thanksgiving game in his memory.

The Eagles brought the NFC’s best pass rush into the game. And Romo never did appear comfortable in the pocket.

Philadelphia Daily News Paper

Front Page:
HAPPY MEAL
Dear Cowboys: We enjoyed Thanksgiving at your house

BACK PAGE:
BIG D, MEET BIGGER D
Defense dominates as Birds put 'boys in their place

Other notable headlines from articles inside the paper:
Birds' D brings stuffing to table
Birds feast on cowboys, claim sole possession of first
Sanchez, no ifs, ands or butts
Eyrie
Well worth staying up for - 12:45am finish over here and I enjoyed almost every minute.
Dreagon
As much as I hate to do it, (because I usually defend him) I have to agree that Romo was the big problem that game (other than the fact y'all were playing a great game). Anybody with a brain knew you guys were going to score points, so that should have surprised nobody. But Romo appeared to be just giving it up at times. It seemed like any time one of your pass rushers would even lay a hand on him he would go straight to the ground and curl up around the ball. There was even one play where he rolled out and had twenty yards of open field ahead of him, but he held on to the ball and then threw it away at the last moment. If he's really that hurt, then they need to bench him till he recovers. Yeah, Weeden sucks, but Romo isn't helping anybody doing that kind of stuff.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 30 2014, 08:50 AM) *
As much as I hate to do it, (because I usually defend him) I have to agree that Romo was the big problem that game (other than the fact y'all were playing a great game). Anybody with a brain knew you guys were going to score points, so that should have surprised nobody. But Romo appeared to be just giving it up at times. It seemed like any time one of your pass rushers would even lay a hand on him he would go straight to the ground and curl up around the ball. There was even one play where he rolled out and had twenty yards of open field ahead of him, but he held on to the ball and then threw it away at the last moment. If he's really that hurt, then they need to bench him till he recovers. Yeah, Weeden sucks, but Romo isn't helping anybody doing that kind of stuff.

Think it was pretty obvious that he is hurt.

I was just admiring the mediocrity of the Cowboys under Romo. I can't recall another team that was so unsuccessful with such a dynamic QB. Truly a testament to Jerry's skills as a GM.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 30 2014, 11:26 AM) *
Think it was pretty obvious that he is hurt.

I was just admiring the mediocrity of the Cowboys under Romo. I can't recall another team that was so unsuccessful with such a dynamic QB. Truly a testament to Jerry's skills as a GM.

You can't ignore Romo's record in the waning months of the regular season. The Cowboys are 32-48 after November (that includes a 3-4 record in early January ... Quarterback Tony Romo is 12-17 record in December). He (along with the rest of the team) seem to self destruct.

The team is very talented, that is the fault of Jones. Jerruh should get the credit for that as well.
mcnabbulous
Every team has talent. I get so sick of hearing that. It's all about having the right talent at the right positions. You also have to have quality depth.

The lack of a real GM means the Cowboys haven't had either. And I couldn't be happier for it.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 30 2014, 03:15 PM) *
Every team has talent. I get so sick of hearing that. It's all about having the right talent at the right positions. You also have to have quality depth.

The lack of a real GM means the Cowboys haven't had either. And I couldn't be happier for it.

I'm sick of hearing about Jones not being, a good GM or owner. Where is the lack of talent on the Cowboys? Romo has a tradition of melting down. That has nothing to do with coaching or general management. If you want to fault Jones for his botched attempt at grooming the HC, you would have a point. However, he has a vision for his team and the type of personnel. More power to him.
mcnabbulous
This is the first time in a decade he has had a functional OL. He's 37. Their defense is an embarrassment. Specifically the secondary. And has been for years.

How many impact defenders did they draft after Parcell's left? Sean Lee, who sadly can't stay healthy.

Take a look at their first round picks in the last decade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.