Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Game Plan For Today?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Eagles in Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Gotta Love It.

A few numbers on today's matchup:

In the three power rankings I looked at, the Eagles are slightly better than Dallas in all three. Ranked 9th in What if sports vs. Dallas 12th. 10th in Sagarin, 2 points ahead of #13 Dallas and 10th in Covers.com, 2 points ahead of 15th Dallas.

It seems like people around this city give the Cowboys more credit than do the power rankings/ stat sites.

We've played eight of the same teams and we're 6-2 and Dallas in 6-3 (NYG twice) In those games, we're +72 (+9 pts per game) and they're +17 (< +2 points per game). It would seem like we're the better team on paper.

However, if you go by perceived talent by position, DAL wins hands down with checks in the WR, QB, RB, OL, DB and us in the Front Def 7, ST's. I think coaching is a big difference and leads us to being better than the sum of our parts and them to be the opposite.

I think our offense will move the ball consistently vs. that defense. I think their D is weak. We need to protect the ball better than we have, but I would keep a relatively balanced game, keep the pace and tempo up and wear them down. The middle will be open all day.

We need at least 3 points if not seven points set up by our ST's.

Our defense vs their offense is troubling. I would not repeat mistakes of GB and I would defend the pass at the expense of leaving us vulnerable to the run. (unlike where we defensed Lacy to let Rodgers kill us) Make them run the ball to protect our DB's. Get a fumble or two from Murray and Romo, and make them grind it out. This is iffy, because I think their OL is better run blocking than pass blocking, but our defense is way worse vs the pass than the run, so the lesser of two evils.

We need Sanchez to play above average vs a below average defense. Dallas is 26th in yards allowed per play. We need to abuse that and move the ball continuously against them. We will need to score more than 31 to win and the offense needs to come up big.

I like Chip's quick thinking and the Eagles quick healing in a short week. Dallas doesn't have a home field advantage and they had to play late into the evening Sunday night while Chip was game planning for eight hours before they finished.

I like our chances.

Eagles 34
Dallas 31

md717
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 27 2014, 12:30 PM) *
Eagles in Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Gotta Love It.

A few numbers on today's matchup:

In the three power rankings I looked at, the Eagles are slightly better than Dallas in all three. Ranked 9th in What if sports vs. Dallas 12th. 10th in Sagarin, 2 points ahead of #13 Dallas and 10th in Covers.com, 2 points ahead of 15th Dallas.

It seems like people around this city give the Cowboys more credit than do the power rankings/ stat sites.

We've played eight of the same teams and we're 6-2 and Dallas in 6-3 (NYG twice) In those games, we're +72 (+9 pts per game) and they're +17 (< +2 points per game). It would seem like we're the better team on paper.

However, if you go by perceived talent by position, DAL wins hands down with checks in the WR, QB, RB, OL, DB and us in the Front Def 7, ST's. I think coaching is a big difference and leads us to being better than the sum of our parts and them to be the opposite.

I think our offense will move the ball consistently vs. that defense. I think their D is weak. We need to protect the ball better than we have, but I would keep a relatively balanced game, keep the pace and tempo up and wear them down. The middle will be open all day.

We need at least 3 points if not seven points set up by our ST's.

Our defense vs their offense is troubling. I would not repeat mistakes of GB and I would defend the pass at the expense of leaving us vulnerable to the run. (unlike where we defensed Lacy to let Rodgers kill us) Make them run the ball to protect our DB's. Get a fumble or two from Murray and Romo, and make them grind it out. This is iffy, because I think their OL is better run blocking than pass blocking, but our defense is way worse vs the pass than the run, so the lesser of two evils.

We need Sanchez to play above average vs a below average defense. Dallas is 26th in yards allowed per play. We need to abuse that and move the ball continuously against them. We will need to score more than 31 to win and the offense needs to come up big.

I like Chip's quick thinking and the Eagles quick healing in a short week. Dallas doesn't have a home field advantage and they had to play late into the evening Sunday night while Chip was game planning for eight hours before they finished.

I like our chances.

Eagles 34
Dallas 31
Good stuff, Mike -- thanks. I'm really looking forward to watching this one. Eagles/Dallas is always fun . . . especially when we win . . . but on Thanksgiving with all four of my boys here, family and good food . . . Woot! Doesn't get any better.

nephillymike
QUOTE (md717 @ Nov 27 2014, 12:37 PM) *
Good stuff, Mike -- thanks. I'm really looking forward to watching this one. Eagles/Dallas is always fun . . . especially when we win . . . but on Thanksgiving with all four of my boys here, family and good food . . . Woot! Doesn't get any better.

That's great. Have a nice one with the family.

How about after a nice win, Mark Sanchez says to the camera "Happy Thanksgiving Philadelphia"!!

I could handle that!
JeeQ
1. Don't Get Beat By Romo
2. Don't Get Beat By Dez
3. Don't Get Beat By Murray
4. Don't Get Beat By Witten
5. Don't Get Beat By The Cowboys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.