Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I thought we got rid of our receiver who says stupid shit
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
"Maclin's trying to get a contract so he's probably not going to try and come out of the game," Cooper said, later adding: "Hopefully, Maclin gets this thing done and he'll probably be subbing just as much."

Cooper clarified on Tuesday that he was joking, though his follow-up comments about the rotation at receiver were equally bizarre.

"Im supposed to sub every four or five plays, and that's what I do," he said. "Maclin I guess, he's a lot better player than me so he doesn't have to sub."

You think? I'm not sure if this guy is a bigger dipshit or shittier receiver.

Source
Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 25 2014, 03:19 PM) *
"Maclin's trying to get a contract so he's probably not going to try and come out of the game," Cooper said, later adding: "Hopefully, Maclin gets this thing done and he'll probably be subbing just as much."

Cooper clarified on Tuesday that he was joking, though his follow-up comments about the rotation at receiver were equally bizarre.

"Im supposed to sub every four or five plays, and that's what I do," he said. "Maclin I guess, he's a lot better player than me so he doesn't have to sub."

You think? I'm not sure if this guy is a bigger dipshit or shittier receiver.

Source

Befitting the bum he is. Dude is Freddie Mitchell 2.0 without the iconic catches.
Eyrie
Given his consistent performances this season, it might be worth checking the cap hit to get rid of Cooper.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 25 2014, 05:47 PM) *
Given his consistent performances this season, it might be worth checking the cap hit to get rid of Cooper.

I would bet his contract is cap friendly and I would not be surprised to see Chip cut him loose if he continues his mediocre play. He is a good blocker, but so was Avant. Mathews look like he could be something special, and despite Mikeys abandonment, Huff has talent, just needs to mature and refine it.
Zero
Cooper is supposedly pretty close with Maclin which may account for the tone of his comments. Then, this also adds some light on his STUPID comments at the concert. And, he IS having a disappointing season, especially on the heels of a nice new deal. Step up and shut up.
koolaidluke
Cooper's numbers really aren't that bad. He is 65th in the league in receiving yards among wideouts, which is bad but not terrible. He's also a good (not great) blocker and is very durable. I don't like the guy but he is a legitimate number 2 receiver, albeit a bad one.

Apparently a lot of his production last year came in the slot and this year Matthews has taken over that role so that might have something to do with his decline.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Nov 26 2014, 03:29 PM) *
Cooper's numbers really aren't that bad. He is 65th in the league in receiving yards among wideouts, which is bad but not terrible. He's also a good (not great) blocker and is very durable. I don't like the guy but he is a legitimate number 2 receiver, albeit a bad one.

I really look at him as more of a number 3 than a number 2. He just cannot produce enough separation for my tastes to be a reliable number 2.
mcnabbulous
One really interesting thing I've noticed. Every skill position guy has regressed in year 2 under Chip. Foles, Shady, Cooper. Even Ertz, who looked primed for a breakout after his second half last year hasn't progressed like it seemed like he would.

Conversely, all of those guys, along with DJax, strived in year one. Now we're seeing Maclin and Sproles tear it up in their first year in Chip's offense. Almost to a point where regression next year seems like it's the only option.

CT_Eagle
I think the outstanding year Foles had last year and his return to earth this year was inevitable. Foles was never going to be able to duplicate last season.

Ertz is in his 2nd year so there is no track record to really compare this season to. Last year could be a fluke and he ends up being just another guy. Time will tell.

McCoy is definitely down this season but how does this season's production compare to his career norms? I have not looked but I would say his numbers are down when compared to his career norm.

With regards to Cooper, I suspect he is producing at his career norm. Perhaps his numbers last year were boosted by Foles' performance.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 26 2014, 04:31 PM) *
One really interesting thing I've noticed. Every skill position guy has regressed in year 2 under Chip. Foles, Shady, Cooper. Even Ertz, who looked primed for a breakout after his second half last year hasn't progressed like it seemed like he would.

Conversely, all of those guys, along with DJax, strived in year one. Now we're seeing Maclin and Sproles tear it up in their first year in Chip's offense. Almost to a point where regression next year seems like it's the only option.

I'd put that sophomore slump down to our OL woes, and also Foles.

No-one expected Foles to repeat last year's performance, but even allowing for the OL problems he's been far worse than any objective observer would have predicted. He's relied on Maclin's talent to bail him out and his struggles have hurt the other receivers like Cooper and Ertz, whilst allowing opponents to focus on McCoy who hasn't had the same holes he had last year.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 26 2014, 02:03 PM) *
I'd put that sophomore slump down to our OL woes, and also Foles.

No-one expected Foles to repeat last year's performance, but even allowing for the OL problems he's been far worse than any objective observer would have predicted. He's relied on Maclin's talent to bail him out and his struggles have hurt the other receivers like Cooper and Ertz, whilst allowing opponents to focus on McCoy who hasn't had the same holes he had last year.

I'm not saying I disagree with any of this. I haven't really put too much thought into the situation. It's more of a commentary.

From Foles' perspective, I expected him to improve as a QB but have a decline in numbers. His decline in QB'ing is the most concerning thing to me.
Dreagon
I thought every team had a reciever that said stupid shit. Hell, I used to think it was a position....

Slot reciever,
Number 2 reciever,
reciever that says stupid shit,
possession reciever
tight end.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 26 2014, 05:16 PM) *
I thought every team had a reciever that said stupid shit. Hell, I used to think it was a position....

Slot reciever,
Number 2 reciever,
possession reciever
tight end.

Bwah!

It probably is a position
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 26 2014, 10:16 PM) *

Slot reciever,
Number 2 reciever,
possession reciever
tight end.

That is perfect. That means we have that position covered and will not need to waste a draft pick to fill it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.