Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have never heard of this discontent before
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/11/...r/#more-2874031

There have been persistent rumblings about shifting dynamics behind the scenes: Namely, that Kelly and Rosemanís relationship has cooled and that the collaborative process between coach and general manager is not where it once was (Kelly and Gamble remain tight, per sources).
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/2014/11/...G2yLIMuCkMcS.99

Anyone else hear anything of this?
Zero
I don't think it's uncommon for co-workers on most any level to have conflicts or a cooling of work relationships. In fact, that's how greatness is achieved at times. So, I don't make too much of that yet. It may not be a terrible idea to research QBs for the 2015 draft. Do they want to spend a premium pick on one? Doubtful, but maybe try another 4 or 5.
koolaidluke
If there is a war between Kelly and Roseman, I guarantee you Roseman is going to win. He may be a beta male weasel, but this is a guy who pushed JOE BANNER out of the Eagles organization. Chip is way out of his league on this one.

Beyond due diligence I don't see the Eagles being interested in any of the premium QBs in this years draft. Mariotta not only is a terrible QB, he isn't going to be there when the Eagles pick and I don't think he's really what Chip is looking for anyway.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Nov 23 2014, 09:40 AM) *
If there is a war between Kelly and Roseman, I guarantee you Roseman is going to win. He may be a beta male weasel, but this is a guy who pushed JOE BANNER out of the Eagles organization. Chip is way out of his league on this one.

Beyond due diligence I don't see the Eagles being interested in any of the premium QBs in this years draft. Mariotta not only is a terrible QB, he isn't going to be there when the Eagles pick and I don't think he's really what Chip is looking for anyway.

I basically disagree with all of this. Chip will win over Roseman. Lurie is smart enough to know that there are not many Chips to go around. Howie is yet to really prove anything.

Ultimately, Roseman will likely have conflicts with most guys in the NFL. Football is like an old boys club. While Chip is innovative and thinks outside the box, he is still a football lifer. Has it ever been established if Howie ever played football? While I don't necessarily think it matters, I suspect that most other guys in football simply look at him as a numbers guy. Which is essentially what he is. He is definitely trying to moneyball things.
nephillymike
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Nov 23 2014, 10:40 AM) *

It wasn't Howie who pushed Joe out of town.

It was Joe playing hardball with a Philadelphia icon who happened to have an All-Pro and another solid season after he left while we wallowed in sub par play of his replacements. We never heard about it because we had Stacy Andrews day!!
HOUSEoPAIN
I think this is just a case of someone needing to come up with an article about something 'interesting' by a certain deadline.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 23 2014, 12:43 PM) *
I think this is just a case of someone needing to come up with an article about something 'interesting' by a certain deadline.

Come on. You don't trust those "Inside Voices"?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Nov 23 2014, 01:26 PM) *
Come on. You don't trust those "Inside Voices"?

Slightly less than 'persistent rumblings.'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.