Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lord of No Rings
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
laugh.gif

Andy forgets he has an All-Pro running back (again), and drops one to the worst team in recent memory.....it's so much fun now that it isn't the Eagles he's screwing up.
mcnabbulous
Just out of curiosity, do you actually watch the games? I'm just curious how you would even begin to insinuate that he didn't use Charles in that game?

The guy had 19 carries and 4 catches (128 total yards). By the time they got the ball back, in the 4th, you certainly wouldn't suggest they run the ball, would you? Would running to get #20 have been the big magic maker?

I know you're a psychotic troll, but you don't really believe this stuff, do you?

I'd say the bigger problem in the game was the QB going 8-16 for 48 yards in the first half. Keep in mind, at that point, Charles himself only had 16 carries, so surely it was the unbalanced playcalling that doomed Smith. That and their defense making a no-name RB look like Adrian Peterson...

But what would we know about a QB only showing up for one half.

That was, no doubt, a pretty ugly performance by the Chiefs. Pretty amazing that same team has beaten the Patriots and Seahawks this year.

Seriously though, what do you think he should have done differently in that game?

koolaidluke
The real moral of this game is that if you have a lot of close games, eventually you are going to lose some. The Chiefs were 7-3 going into the game but as somebody who has seen most of their games this year, they are a pretty 'bleh' team. They generally do just enough to win.

You are not what your record says you are. You have to blow out bad teams, you can't let them hang around or eventually one of them will steal one from you.

By the way, this game also shows how big a deal beating the teams you are supposed to beat is. The Chiefs are 7-4 but if they had beaten two truly awful teams in the Titans and the Raiders, they would be 9-2. Now, it's early in Chip's NFL career but so far at least Chip's teams are unbeatable by bad or even mediocre teams.
mcnabbulous
I agree with that. Id also point out how difficult it is to win on the road in the NFL. Especially on a short week.

Alex Smith looked as noodle armed as ever last night though.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Nov 21 2014, 03:57 AM) *
By the way, this game also shows how big a deal beating the teams you are supposed to beat is. The Chiefs are 7-4 but if they had beaten two truly awful teams in the Titans and the Raiders, they would be 9-2. Now, it's early in Chip's NFL career but so far at least Chip's teams are unbeatable by bad or even mediocre teams.

Yup, that's why I posted this. We always used to have at least one inexplicable loss each year, to Jax or Oakland or whoever else was going 2-14 that year. Now we can count on beating teams we're supposed to beat. Our losses are all against Super Bowl contenders, and while it would be nice to beat them, we're not at that level yet.

In all fairness to KC, this had trap game written all over it. I put some money on the Raiders +7.5 and won.
mcnabbulous
And yet the Chiefs have beaten two SB contenders. Which you've said time and time again that Andy is incapable of doing.

This was definitely a trap game. But Alex Smith was abysmal in the first half. Their defensive effort was pretty pathetic too. That 90 yard run and then the game winning TD drive were embarrassing.

I read that Oakland had averaged 69 yards per game running going into the game and put up 179 last night.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 21 2014, 11:45 AM) *
Yup, that's why I posted this. We always used to have at least one inexplicable loss each year, to Jax or Oakland or whoever else was going 2-14 that year. Now we can count on beating teams we're supposed to beat. Our losses are all against Super Bowl contenders, and while it would be nice to beat them, we're not at that level yet.

In all fairness to KC, this had trap game written all over it. I put some money on the Raiders +7.5 and won.

My son, Mikeynumbers Jr. (to you old heads, yes that kid is now a Freshman in college!) said as soon as KC won Sunday that they would lose outright @ Oak on Thursday. He followed the money line and made three bets with his friends, two for the Raidahs to win outright at 3-1 odds, and one other for Oak +7.5. He bet $10 each bet and walked away with $70 from his buddies. That's my boy.

Mikeynumbers on the other hand, was too busy extolling how the Eagles were the better team vs. GB to lose all credibility in the handicapping world.
nephillymike
I was watching because of Jr's bets but the thing I said "That's our Andy" to, was no timeouts at the end of the game.

I don't miss those days.

At 7-4, you can't get on the fat man too much. His limitations will prevent him from going far in the playoffs, but his coaching ability will likely get him to the final 12 again.

Like Z said a few weeks ago, would we be OK if Foles or Sanchez were what Smith is?

I said then, and say now.

No!!
mcnabbulous
He used two timeouts on the Raiders final drive when they were inside the 20. What would you expect?

Had he saved them, there would have been no time left.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 21 2014, 11:12 PM) *
I was watching because of Jr's bets but the thing I said "That's our Andy" to, was no timeouts at the end of the game.

I had no problem with him using those timeouts as Oakland was taking down the clock, though if anything I would've used them before the 2 minute warning. Remember with almost 2 minutes left, the Raiders passed on 1st down for the score. I was expecting them to run the ball at least one more time to guarantee KC had no time left.....then again, apparently KC thought the same thing. wink.gif
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 22 2014, 06:38 AM) *
He used two timeouts on the Raiders final drive when they were inside the 20. What would you expect?

Had he saved them, there would have been no time left.

OK my bad.

I was watching it here and there and I saw when KC's final drive started and they had no timeouts left and had a little chuckle at the big guy's expense. Didn't realize he had burned them the way you stated.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 21 2014, 10:45 AM) *
Now we can count on beating teams we're supposed to beat. Our losses are all against Super Bowl contenders, and while it would be nice to beat them, we're not at that level yet.

I totally meant to respond to this and forgot.

I'm sure you were referring to the Matt's (Asiata and Cassel) and their victory over us last year, right? While we're counting on beating the teams we're supposed to beat?

Winning on the road is always a challenge. We've got two really big divisional road games we absolutely should win to close out the season. I hope you're right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.