Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chip back to College?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JaxEagle
Chip Kelly is already being mentioned for the Florida job. What is your take whether Chip would consider this or not (assuming Florida or some other College could offer more money than Lurie)?
mcnabbulous
No
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Nov 17 2014, 02:22 PM) *
Chip Kelly is already being mentioned for the Florida job. What is your take whether Chip would consider this or not (assuming Florida or some other College could offer more money than Lurie)?

Muschamp makes $3 million, they would have to more than double that to even match Chip's salary. Presumably he would have to be made the highest paid coach in the NCAA to get lured anywhere, and I don't think any program would pay him $7 million+.

On the other hand, another 10-6 one-and-done season, and the media and fan base might drive him away back to college. Personally I think he gives it at least 3 full years here.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 17 2014, 02:39 PM) *
Muschamp makes $3 million, they would have to more than double that to even match Chip's salary. Presumably he would have to be made the highest paid coach in the NCAA to get lured anywhere, and I don't think any program would pay him $7 million+.

On the other hand, another 10-6 one-and-done season, and the media and fan base might drive him away back to college. Personally I think he gives it at least 3 full years here.

Saban makes like $7 mil and speculation in Florida is that the Gators are willing to meet that.
Eyrie
Can't see it at this stage.

Kelly has brought his offense to the pros and it's working more often than not. He'll want to see how far he can take it before dropping back to college.
HobbEs
Chip will be mentioned as a candidate for every major college program from now until eternity. Maybe one day he goes back to the college ranks but he's basically calling all the shots here. I don't see him leaving any time soon.
koolaidluke
Why would he consider that? He is living his dream in the NFL.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Nov 17 2014, 04:54 PM) *

He doesn't strike me as the type that enjoys 50 point blowouts every week in college. I bet he loves the competitive nature of the nfl. Not to mention the bullshit they have to deal with in recruiting.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Nov 17 2014, 05:54 PM) *

Most people don't realize that recruiting is a large part of the college coaching job, and Chip has expressed his dislike of that aspect. In the pros he spends all his time living and breathing football, no more visiting prospects to 'sell' your program. Now he drafts or buys players, just scouts for the skills he wants. He sounds like he loves what he is doing now, I see him here for a decade or so, depending on what level of success he has.
koolaidluke
Urban Meyer and Nick Saban have both said that they would not want to coach in the pro's because they wouldn't want to give up recruiting, which they both love. Even though Chip was unquestionably a great college coach, it never really matched his personality.
Dreagon
I don't see him going back to college ball until he feels he's had a chance to prove what he can do in the pros. It's not just the money, because there are several major universities who can easily match that.
JeeQ
Chip is basically controlling the Eagles at this point (much like Andy) going back to college would just be foolish
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.