Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why is Wolf inactive?
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Is he hurt or just worthless? I'm disappointed in that guy especially after he said he wanted to emulate Dawkins!

Oh ... Eli sucks!!!!
nephillymike
He was inactive last week when they brought a no name in off the street who they suited up.

He's done.

He was like the 20th-30th best safety in that draft. I guess we'll move on.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 16 2014, 03:06 PM) *
Is he hurt or just worthless? I'm disappointed in that guy especially after he said he wanted to emulate Dawkins!

Oh ... Eli sucks!!!!

5 picks laugh.gif

How in the hell were they still in that game at the end?
HobbEs
The fact that he can't beat out Nate Allen speaks volumes. They practically gift wrapped a starting position for him and he couldn't get it done.

Add Safety to the list of off season needs.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 17 2014, 09:22 AM) *
The fact that he can't beat out Nate Allen speaks volumes. They practically gift wrapped a starting position for him and he couldn't get it done.

Add Safety to the list of off season needs.

Add? I'm pretty sure they considered the position that way anyhow, since they needed at least two and only found one this off season.
HobbEs
So where is Jaylen Watkins? He was drafted as a Corner but they say he can play Safety as well. Would it hurt to give him some reps there? I don't think he could be much worse.

On a side note, I was watching Nate Allen struggle to make a tackle on Randall Cobb. I started to think how badly Cobb would've been lit up by Dawkins in that same situation. The other #20 was Andre Waters. He was what Buddy Ryan called 'an assassin' in the defensive backfield and Wes Hopkins made his name as one of the hardest hitting Safeties in football.

We've been spoiled by good Safety play for a long time. Jenkins is a keeper but he can't do it all by himself. It turns my stomach to see all these receivers running open all over the field without fear of getting popped. Can someone step up and make a receiver think twice about crossing the middle? I know the rules have changed but the mental aspect stays the same. You get in a guy's head and you've already won the battle.
Eyrie
Wolff has been put on IR, with Roc Carmichael brought back to fill the roster spot.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 18 2014, 02:47 PM) *
Wolff has been put on IR, with Roc Carmichael brought back to fill the roster spot.

It sounded like it was a cut, but sent to I/R to safe face and hope for a better year next year based on his and reporters comments. Strange.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Nov 17 2014, 03:41 PM) *
So where is Jaylen Watkins? He was drafted as a Corner but they say he can play Safety as well. Would it hurt to give him some reps there? I don't think he could be much worse.

On a side note, I was watching Nate Allen struggle to make a tackle on Randall Cobb. I started to think how badly Cobb would've been lit up by Dawkins in that same situation. The other #20 was Andre Waters. He was what Buddy Ryan called 'an assassin' in the defensive backfield and Wes Hopkins made his name as one of the hardest hitting Safeties in football.

We've been spoiled by good Safety play for a long time. Jenkins is a keeper but he can't do it all by himself. It turns my stomach to see all these receivers running open all over the field without fear of getting popped. Can someone step up and make a receiver think twice about crossing the middle? I know the rules have changed but the mental aspect stays the same. You get in a guy's head and you've already won the battle.

We were spoiled by Hopkins, Waters and Dawkins for sure. 3 of my favs and most Eagle fans. While not quite the same as these 3 guys, Jenkins may be a keeper for a few years but he isn't exactly a youngster if I recall correctly?
HobbEs
Jenkins is only 26 or 27 years old if I recall. He should be around for a while.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Nov 19 2014, 09:04 PM) *
We were spoiled by Hopkins, Waters and Dawkins for sure. 3 of my favs and most Eagle fans. While not quite the same as these 3 guys, Jenkins may be a keeper for a few years but he isn't exactly a youngster if I recall correctly?

Off topic, I remember one big completion against us last week (I think Cobb) where Nate Allen drew a bead on him as he came down with the catch.....and gave him a hit that would've made a small child laugh. I remember thinking Dawkins would've blasted him into next week. No fear at all for opposing receivers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.