Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If You're Scared, Get a Dog
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
MikeyNumbers has taken a look at this game tomorrow and likes what he sees:

Eagles have the better record, 7-2 vs 6-3

Eagles have the greater point differential at +81 vs +72 for GB

Eagles have the better yard differential at +37 vs +14 for GB

Eagles (6th) are 2 points better than GB (7th) per Sagarin

Eagles (6th) are 1.5 points better than GB (9th) per Covers.com

Eagles are +7.0 better in point differential as compared to how other teams have done against our opponents. GB is 5.4 better in point differential as compared to how other teams have fared against their opponents. That's about 1.5 points in our favor.

Overall we are 4th in What-If-Sports power rankings as computed for winning percentage of playing every team 1000 times. Green Bay is 5th.

Football Outsiders rates us as 4th best, GB as 3rd best. We are ranked 17th in Offense, 6th in defense, 1st in ST. GB ranks 2nd in Offense, 11th in defense and 15th in ST's.

Most all point to the Eagles as the better team, albeit in a range that home field could tilt the balance slightly the other way, given the customary 3 point home field benefit.

However, they've had Rodgers the entire year. We compiled our stats while putting forth a depleted offensive line and low tier QB play. Through injury recovery and injury incurred, we've corrected those two.

We're ready to rock on Sunday. In the game thought to be the toughest win on our schedule at the beginning of the year still is the toughest win, we have the better team. We do. We're at Lambeau and they got Rodgers and we got Allen and Sconces, but we got the better of them at almost all other areas.

The plan to win:

1. After a disappointing running game, Chip will have the big uglies ready for this one. Give them a triple shot of Shady, Sproles and Polk. If Polk and Sproles are more efficient than Shady, give them the ball. This ain't about feelings. This is about winning a game that could result in home field advantage. I think Sanchez play last week will keep them honest. If they decide to do as Carolina did and load the box, beet them through the air like we did last week. It will be slower as they are better, but we will put up plenty provided that Sanchez doesn't turn it over more than once.

2. On defense, play nickel and play deep. Force Rodgers to matriculate the ball down the field (bonus question: where does that phrase come from?) and make him be patient and tell Allen, Fletch and Sconces to keep the WR's in front of them. If Allen gets beat long, replace him immediately. Force Lacy to beat us, slowly. Our run defense has been solid on our DL. Keep that up. The patience will mean more plays which will give our D more plays to force sacks and turnovers. Our pass rush is legit. Use Barwin to spy Rodgers. Everything in front.

3. Let our ST's do their thing. I'm a little concerned about Parkey playing in the cold, but I think our ST is worth 3-7 points in field position, if not outright scores.

Play hard the whole game and let Chip's play calling and the defensive intensity and ST excellence bring the win home!

Eagles 30
Packers 28

Go Birds!!
samaroo
Good points, all. I'm very excited to see how we play against a marquee opponent.

And that quote is from that old Chiefs coach. I can't remember his name, but he was wicked smart. Said stuff like that all the time. Great reference!
Eyrie
One bad omen - we've been the featured game over here twice this season and lost both. Every other game I've either watched on Game Pass or waited until the next evening for the condensed version.

We're the featured game this evening sad.gif
Zero
It's not cold by GB standards, we're lucky to get them in early November instead of late December which is the point to winning now and bringing them to Philadelphia in December. Parkay should be fine. It's our secondary vs Rogers that's having me look for a dog.
HOUSEoPAIN
Most people marked this as a loss at the beginning of the year, I see no reason to change that prediction. If our offense sputters at all I think this gets ugly fast. Prove me wrong Sanchize!
SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Nov 15 2014, 09:42 PM) *
Eagles have the better record, 7-2 vs 6-3

Eagles have the greater point differential at +81 vs +72 for GB

Eagles have the better yard differential at +37 vs +14 for GB

Eagles (6th) are 2 points better than GB (7th) per Sagarin

Eagles (6th) are 1.5 points better than GB (9th) per Covers.com

Eagles are getting thumped.
Eyrie
I just hope Mikeynumbers didn't speak to his sports investment broker about yesterday's game.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 17 2014, 02:51 PM) *
I just hope Mikeynumbers didn't speak to his sports investment broker about yesterday's game.

Luckily, Mikeynumbers did not.

After yesterday, I think it is time for Mikeynumbers to invest in a new calculator!! The old one seems to be spouting out bad information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.