Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sanchez
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
I thought he looked more decisive than Foles has and moved in the pocket much better than Foles has been. First couple of series he looked meh but after that he seemed to loosen up and play pretty well. I'm still interested to see how he evolves in up-coming games, especially as he becomes more familiar with his starters.
xsv
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 11 2014, 07:44 AM) *
I thought he looked more decisive than Foles has and moved in the pocket much better than Foles has been. First couple of series he looked meh but after that he seemed to loosen up and play pretty well. I'm still interested to see how he evolves in up-coming games, especially as he becomes more familiar with his starters.

I liked that he climbs up in the pocket rather than constantly falling back. That might have something to do with having Kelce back, tho.

I also like how quick his release is, and how fast he spot open receivers in his second and third progressions.

He does look like a bit of a gun slinger, tho. There were a bunch of throws that I didn't think our guy was open, or open by much, but Sanchez still threw it. although he didn't throw any today, I can see why he has a reputation for not taking care of the ball.
Eyrie
The early signs were promising, but then again the Panthers were poor.

I'll judge him once he's played against a couple of legitimate defences.
JeeQ
After the next few weeks (Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks, Cowboys again) we'll either demanding for Sanchez to be the permanent starter or permanently off the team
Phits
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 11 2014, 04:46 PM) *
The early signs were promising, but then again the Panthers were poor.

I'll judge him once he's played against a couple of legitimate defences.

Carolina's defense didn't play that bad. Their offense couldn't get anything going and our D took advantage of Cam's poor outing and Riverboat Ron's poor play calling.
nephillymike
One game down, seven more to go.

He gave us above average performance with a very efficient red zone and no turnovers.

Not spectacular, but solid play.

Things I noticed about Sanchez:

1. Pocket elusiveness was very good. A slide here, a step up there, a semi roll out here. He moved well in the pocket.

2. Didn't back pedal once that I can remember to avoid a rush. Good sign for the OL and good sign for his pressence.

3. Quick decisions.

4. Followed through with his throws and ended with weight forward over his front foot instead of off back foot.

5. His trajectory is straight line, not much loft, which may lead to a bunch of blocks by DL.

6. I think Foles has the stronger arm and more arm to go deep. Not sure if Sanchez has the arm or loft to be a good deep passer.

7. As Trotter said, we won't miss the Foles of 2014. But IMO, we need someone close to the Foles of 2013 to win it all. I think Foles has a higher upside, but Sanchez gives us better play than Foles'14.

8. Was surprised we didn't see more bootleg runs by Sanchez. Maybe the game was so out of line they didn't need to do it.
Zero
How is Sanchez when he's running?
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Zero @ Nov 11 2014, 07:44 AM) *

he has helped reinforce the overrating of Riley Cooper, which is two birds with one stone for me. More receivers are getting the ball, esp. Jordan Matthews.
Zero
This is what I was talking about in the start of this thread:
"One of the most important things when youíre in the pocket is being able to feel the rush," Sanchez said. "And I think our offensive linemen do an outstanding job of pushing guys one way and keeping Ďem going that direction and trying to eliminate the double moves and the spin moves and all that kind of stuff to keep the trash out of your face, so to speak."

Mathis offered the lineman's perspective.

"Youíre not gonna win every single battle," he said. "But if youíre fighting, youíre gonna have a chance. Say you have four offensive linemen who stone their guy, and then one guy is getting beat on the edge, but if you just work to finish it, then you give the quarterback room to step to the left or right, step up and make a play.

"If Iím staying on a certain side of him, Markís gonna be able to see that. If Iím on the left side of the guy, Markís not gonna step to the right. Heís gonna step to where I am between him and the defender."
From what I've seen this year, this is they type of thing Nick wasn't seeing. As a young player, maybe the injury was kind of a blessing so he can sit back, watch and learn some of these nuances and progress. Still too early to either bury Foles or judge Sanchez one way or the other.

Linc ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.