Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roob's 10 observations this week
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...eagles-panthers

He did not mention we are 7 for 7 in the red zone since Sanchez took over, when we were last in the league. We will get a better idea how tough this team is in arctic GB next Sunday. So far so good.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 11 2014, 12:58 AM) *
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadel...eagles-panthers

He did not mention we are 7 for 7 in the red zone since Sanchez took over, when we were last in the league. We will get a better idea how tough this team is in arctic GB next Sunday. So far so good.

I agree w/ everything he said. I think we have something special.
Phits
Jordan Matthews was awesome last night.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 11 2014, 10:20 AM) *
Jordan Matthews was awesome last night.

He and Sanchez seem to have something going on.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 11 2014, 12:58 AM) *
We will get a better idea how tough this team is in arctic GB next Sunday. So far so good.

I liked the way Sanchez moved in the pocket, and he had a great chemistry with Matthews. It seemed like Carolina gave up pretty early and wanted to pad our D/ST stats, maybe Newton was starting us in his fantasy league.

Also, major kudos to Sanchez's PR guy. A trip to Pat's and Geno's after is a good way to get ahead here. Hint: don't do that after a loss to Dallas.....

But yeah, what you said. Go into Lambeau next Sunday and take one from the Packers, and we'll talk.

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 11 2014, 11:34 AM) *
I liked the way Sanchez moved in the pocket, and he had a great chemistry with Matthews. It seemed like Carolina gave up pretty early and wanted to pad our D/ST stats, maybe Newton was starting us in his fantasy league.

Also, major kudos to Sanchez's PR guy. A trip to Pat's and Geno's after is a good way to get ahead here. Hint: don't do that after a loss to Dallas.....

But yeah, what you said. Go into Lambeau next Sunday and take one from the Packers, and we'll talk.

My only concern is 20 for 37 or 54%
Considering people were bitching about Foles at 59%
Sanchez needs that number to go up to beat a team like GB
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 11 2014, 02:42 PM) *

He had 2 very good scoring drives, and we had a few other scores basically handed to us. Overall the offense was spotty, Chip said so himself. It was a good game to get his feet wet, at home against a team in a free fall. Of course the hosts and callers at WIP are planning the championship parade right now.

I'd expect the Packers to put up 30+ points against us, more consistency is needed on offense.

Eyrie
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 11 2014, 04:34 PM) *

Bigger hint - don't lose to Dallas in the first place wink.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Nov 11 2014, 03:49 PM) *
Bigger hint - don't lose to Dallas in the first place wink.gif

cheers.gif
Phits
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Nov 11 2014, 03:42 PM) *

There were some uncharacteristic drops and some ill advised passes, plus Carolina's defense is fairly decent. Add to the fact that the ground game couldn't get anything going, a 54% completion rate is acceptable for his first start in 2 years. That being said, I expect him to average between 60-65%, which would equate to 3-4 additional completions per game.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Nov 11 2014, 05:36 PM) *
There were some uncharacteristic drops and some ill advised passes, plus Carolina's defense is fairly decent. Add to the fact that the ground game couldn't get anything going, a 54% completion rate is acceptable for his first start in 2 years. That being said, I expect him to average between 60-65%, which would equate to 3-4 additional completions per game.

It seemed to me the WR's were more closely covered this game. Saw a few, but not as many wide open WR's downfield than we had in previous games. Sanchez had tighter spots to throw to I thought.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.