Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not to put a damper on things, but...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
I think its time to draft a rb on the first day.

McCoy isnt the same guy.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Nov 10 2014, 09:48 PM) *
I think its time to draft a rb on the first day.

McCoy isnt the same guy.

Yeah he looked totally done last week when he carried 24 times for 117 yards.....this past week he just became a totally different player.
xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 10 2014, 10:05 PM) *
Yeah he looked totally done last week when he carried 24 times for 117 yards.....this past week he just became a totally different player.

Looks to me like he hears footsteps. Avoids contact, alligator arms catches, dances in the backfield.

A shadow of his old self is still better than a lot of backs, but he hasnt looked right for all but last week.
Phits
38-7 the end of the 3rd. It's probably time to give Polk some carries in this game and shut Sanchez down for the night.
make_it_rain

He hasnt looked the same, but he's still top 10 in the league in rushing, one year removed from winning the rushing title, and finally has most of the talent back in his line. He no doubt didnt play well tonight, but he also only had 12 carries. Spending an early round pick on an rb is just lol, especially given other needs at CB, LB, OL, S, WR, etc.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Nov 10 2014, 10:05 PM) *

laugh.gif

Only down 1.4 ypc from last year. But yeah, he did have that one game where he looked okay.

He'll be fine in the long run. It usually takes a year or two to get past the pounding he took last season. It's good that we finally got a legit backup to spell him.
D Rock
I don't care if his leg falls off, or about other needs.

I would NEVER spend a first days pick on a running back.

Not EVER.

Dreagon
I hate to say it, but Demarco Murray may very well be available after this season. Both he and Dez Bryant are in their contract years and I can't see us affording both.
mcnabbulous
Demarco won't be able to walk after this season.
Dreagon
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Nov 14 2014, 11:10 AM) *
Demarco won't be able to walk after this season.

Nah, this is his contract year. He'll be fine. Then somebody like the Raiders will pay way too much for him and look surprised next year when the wheels fall off.

Don't get me wrong, Murray is an excellent back who can block, recieve, and obviously run like hell....when he is healthy. And this year kinda shows what he can do when he is healthy all season. The problem is this a first for him. Now the thing is, a smart club might be able to sign him to a contract that includes performance incentives of some kind, but I figure that will happen only if there isn't some other club out there willing to overpay in a "get fixed quick" scheme to shore up ticket sales.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Nov 14 2014, 11:31 AM) *
Nah, this is his contract year. He'll be fine. Then somebody like the Raiders will pay way too much for him and look surprised next year when the wheels fall off.

That's what I mean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.