Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kelly = Reid
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JaxEagle
Polk had a first down. No review. WTF.

Dumb ass lines up in the shotgun to gain 3 inches just like AR. Same shit we did against San Fran in that position to win the game.

Fuck the shotgun
JaxEagle
Foles had a bad game but don't blame this piece of shit on Foles alone. Foles haters learn to watch something else too. Kelly sucked. Defense couldn't tackle or get to the QB. Palmer had all fucking day to pass for the whole game. We didn't touch him once other than Coles play that got called back for penalty.
SpudDogg
Non-Foles-hater checking in.

This loss is on Foles. 2 bad picks and 2 throws that had a chance in the end zone at the end. Matthews had position on both of them, but zero chance to get feel inbounds.
mcnabbulous
Foles sucked today.
make_it_rain
Foles fucking blows. He's rapidly slipping from "just a guy" along the likes of Andy Dalton, into Jake Locker territory.

Not to excuse the blown coverages on defense, or the asinine playcalling on the 1 yard line (again), but even if they had pulled out the win, it would have been yet another win in spite of Foles play, not because of it.
koolaidluke
People all over the internet are blaming Kelly because they don't want to blame Foles. Foles is the most irrationally loved athlete in Philadelphia history. Never has a guy been given so much credit and had so many excuses made for him despite accomplishing so little.

Foles isn't a bad player, but there is nothing special about him. Help me out here, why do so many Eagles fans love this guy so much?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Oct 26 2014, 07:23 PM) *

Dumb ass lines up in the shotgun to gain 3 inches just like AR. Same shit we did against San Fran in that position to win the game.

Fuck the shotgun

For much of the game I felt like I was watching a game of Madden, where your jerkoff opponent constantly throws 40 yard rainbows and hopes for the best. When they stuck to running the ball and throwing short passes Foles wasn't that bad, but he had a terrible game today overall.
JeeQ
I had a long post typed out but ended up deleting it all because we may as well get right to the point...

Foles leads the league in turnovers and cost us another game...

With that said... you still have to go with him over The Sanchize
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 26 2014, 07:18 PM) *
With that said... you still have to go with him over The Sanchize

I'm not so sure at this point.
Zero
This was a group loss, but too many of Foles' passes sailed or were off target. I'm beginning to think he's a good back up but not the guy to win a SB.
Phits
QUOTE (Zero @ Oct 26 2014, 08:33 PM) *
This was a group loss, but too many of Foles' passes sailed or were off target. I'm beginning to think he's a good back up but not the guy to win a SB.

With the game on the line, he overthrew 2 end zone passes.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Oct 26 2014, 07:49 PM) *
With the game on the line, he overthrew 2 end zone passes.

Didn't just overthrow. Threw out of bounds. Completely inexcusable.
nephillymike
That injury timeout charged to us hurt us. That was a kick in the balls when you think about it.

On the last play, he pulled a Foles. At the hint of pressure, back pedal, back pedal, back pedal, throw off the back leg for the upteenth millionth fucking time this year and float a ball to the back of the end zone as opposed to back pedalling a little, planting your back foot and firing the ball to the end zone which would have got there before Matthews ran out of room, but that would have required taking a hit after you threw it. The back pedal, back leg and float trifecta doesn't take as much guts.

Maybe, just maybe, this loss will keep the coaches up as much as it will keep me up tonight and they will give a second look at the tape and realize that those who continue to play below average should be replaced, for the good of the team and the save of a season.
JaxEagle
Foles was not good today. No argument there. That said, he wasn't the lone reason we choked that game. That choke was spread around on many and maybe none more than Kelly. Sorry Jeremy Maclin's great effort was wasted (stick to WR and not PR though).
nephillymike
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Oct 26 2014, 08:05 PM) *
Foles was not good today. No argument there. That said, he wasn't the lone reason we choked that game. That choke was spread around on many and maybe none more than Kelly. Sorry Jeremy Maclin's great effort was wasted (stick to WR and not PR though).

No problem adding Allen and Williams to the list of shame.
Phits
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Oct 26 2014, 09:05 PM) *

I don't usually point fingers at individual players for a win or loss....however in this case....Both Williams and Allen bit on the WR fake and gave up a long TD. Inexcusable, especially at that stage of the game.
mcnabbulous
That's on Allen, not Williams. Safety can't get beat deep there. Literally his only job.
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 26 2014, 09:14 PM) *
No problem adding Allen and Williams to the list of shame.

KELLY. Peters. DL couldn't pressure Palmer.
nephillymike
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Oct 26 2014, 09:15 PM) *
KELLY. Peters. DL couldn't pressure Palmer.

I thought the DL had some decent pressure all day. No sacks on the stat sheet thought, but Palmer didn't look too snug back there.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Oct 26 2014, 07:23 PM) *

Fuck the shotgun

I agree 100% that 1) the refs jobbed the Eagles with the spot. That was first and goal. 2) the shotgun in THAT situation was asinine. A damn QB SNEAK could have gotten the job done. cost the Eagles 4 points and opportunities to cut the clock down even further.

also, regarding Foles: there is nothing you can say to convince me that he's the long-term answer at this point. there is something Foles can -do- to convince me, but he's just not doing it. It's gotten to the point his turnovers are becoming as frustrating as the one he replaced, and for his strengths, his mind-boggling inconsistencies do a good job of weighing him down. at 5-2 I don't know if you make a change. I still think, due to the relative weakness of the NFC that the Eagles have a chance to get in the playoffs (and maybe even win a game this time around). Either he shapes up, or he ships out and it's Sanchise time. I wonder if he's hurt. He's playing a weird kind of scared that he wasn't, even in times he played prior to this season (even in losing affairs). It seemed like he would take longer to make his decision than it used to. Whatever the case, I hope he gets over it soon.
Eyrie
When we were discussing the merits of Vick and Foles before Kelly's first season, I made the point that Foles was better suited because Kelly emphasises good decisions and no turnovers.

If we were having that discussion today, I wouldn't be backing Foles.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Oct 26 2014, 10:24 PM) *
2) the shotgun in THAT situation was asinine. A damn QB SNEAK could have gotten the job done. cost the Eagles 4 points and opportunities to cut the clock down even further.

This is the dumbest argument that I've seen made by many people since that play happened. We've had great success over the past 1.5 years running shotgun spread in short yardage.

According to Chris Brown (@smartfootball) -- RB's are consistently timed getting back to the line of scrimmage faster from Shotgun than when the QB is under center. Simply put, the play call was fine. The execution wasn't.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 27 2014, 11:36 AM) *
This is the dumbest argument that I've seen made by many people since that play happened. We've had great success over the past 1.5 years running shotgun spread in short yardage.

According to Chris Brown (@smartfootball) -- RB's are consistently timed getting back to the line of scrimmage faster from Shotgun than when the QB is under center. Simply put, the play call was fine. The execution wasn't.

I dunno about that, but I'll take your (Chris's) word for it, on the grounds of "it's worked for Chip (and Shady) before and the general design (shouldn't) lie".

Maybe it's Shady that's the problem. Chris Polk was JOBBED for that 1st and goal (he had it clearly), they should have brought him back up there. He's been much better in short yardage.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Oct 27 2014, 01:54 PM) *
I dunno about that, but I'll take your (Chris's) word for it, on the grounds of "it's worked for Chip (and Shady) before and the general design (shouldn't) lie".

Maybe it's Shady that's the problem. Chris Polk was JOBBED for that 1st and goal (he had it clearly), they should have brought him back up there. He's been much better in short yardage.

I agree with regards to Polk. He looked good on the previous two carries.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.