Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Comparison of PHI & DAL Schedules
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I was looking into ours and Dallas' shcedules to see how they compare and I used two sources that issue ratings that are used as point spread predictors and favorites/iunderdogs.

After adjusting for the 3 points added to the home team, here's the seasons predictions. 1st number is Covers.com outcome and spread and the 2nd number is Sagarin prediction:

PHI 5-1

Team................Covers....................Sagarin
@ARI.................L 4.5.......................L 2.0
@HOU...............L 0.5......................W 2.0
CAR...................W 5.0.....................W 9.0
@GB..................L 5.0.......................L 4.0
TEN...................W 9.0.....................W 14.0
@DAL................L 3.0.......................L 1.0
SEA...................L 1.5.......................W 1.0
DAL...................W 3.0......................W 5.0
@WAS...............W 2.0......................W 7.0
@NYG................TIE..........................W 4.0
W/L Prediction...9-6-1.......................12-4

DAL 6-1
Team................Covers....................Sagarin
BYE
WAS................W 7.5........................W 11.0
ARI..................W 1.0........................W 2.0
@JAC...............W 6.0........................W 10.0
@NYG..............L 0.5........................W 2.0
PHI.................W 3.0........................W 1.0
@CHI...............L 2.0.........................W 1.0
@PHI...............L 3.0..........................L 5.0
IND.................W 1.5.........................L 1.0
@WAS.............W 1.5........................W 5.0
W/L Prediction 12-4...........................13-3

Covers has us trailing DAL by 2.5 games
Sagarin has us trailing DAL by 1 game

DAL schedule is so easy. Even if we sweep them, the division title is not a definite. Them getting IND and ARI at home vs, our @ARI @ GB is a big difference.

One thing for sure, we play some good teams coming up. Will see how we rate with the better teams.

I can't wait for Sunday. I think realistically we win one of the next two. The NFC one loss ARI would be my preference for a win.
Zero
Games with Dallas are critical.
Dreagon
I don't know if what's left of our schedule is all THAT easy.

We tend to suck against the Cardinals...and this year that defense of theirs is looking like the real deal. Not to mention, we'll be facing them while coming off a short week from playing Washington on Monday Night Football.

I'll grant you Jacksonville (although watch that one be the game we lose)

Chicago is a dangerous team and that game has TRAP written all over it....especially since it comes between our two games with you guys.

Indy is Indy, at home or away.

and there are no easy divisional games. It just doesn't work that way for us.

Birdman420
Have faith the cowboys will find some way to mess it up for themselves
mcnabbulous
Good stuff, Mikey. I'm still pretty convinced the Dallas defense will be exposed, as their numbers aren't as good as they seem based on the record.

We are flawed though too. Should be an exciting stretch.
JeeQ
I hope Foles turns into a much better QB between now and the Dallas game. He can't afford a "Dallas Game" Part II"

Our schedule definitely forces us to earn our playoff spot this season. It's going to take excellent play late into the season... where hopefully Romo goes Romo! I'm looking at you Dreagon! devil03.gif
Dreagon
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Oct 21 2014, 09:00 PM) *
It's going to take excellent play late into the season... where hopefully Romo goes Romo! I'm looking at you Dreagon! devil03.gif

I'm curious to see what Romo is going to do this winter too. His achilles heel has always been dealing with pressure up the middle, and only last year did Jones finally decide to start putting high draft choices in front of him. It's sorta strange watching him actually having a pocket to play in. I'm interested in seeing if that changes his late in the year performances.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 21 2014, 08:53 PM) *
Good stuff, Mikey. I'm still pretty convinced the Dallas defense will be exposed, as their numbers aren't as good as they seem based on the record.

We are flawed though too. Should be an exciting stretch.

R. Diddy mentioned that their D is actually giving up as many yards per play as last year's putrid D. The difference being their offensive success and ball control has left them less time on the field plus they have more takeaways this year. I agree their D can be exposed but we need our QB to be playing at a high level to do it.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 22 2014, 05:25 AM) *
R. Diddy mentioned that their D is actually giving up as many yards per play as last year's putrid D. The difference being their offensive success and ball control has left them less time on the field plus they have more takeaways this year. I agree their D can be exposed but we need our QB to be playing at a high level to do it.

They also have one of the worst points per play against defenses, too. Simply put, they're still not a good defense.

Murray likely won't be able to walk by the end of the season at this rate.

Their victory over Seattle, while impressive, is clearly not the remarkable feat that everyone thought at the time. Seattle is clearly not the same team and has major offensive issues beyond Wilson.

I expect Dallas to come back to earth in the second half of the season. It will be a good finish though, because we have lots of flaws too.
HOUSEoPAIN
@Dal, Sea, and Dal at home, followed by Wash and NY on the road? Talk about a crazy home stretch. We need to go 3-2 (should be expected) over the next 5 to get that cushion, a win at Ariz or GB would be gravy.
nephillymike
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 22 2014, 12:02 PM) *
@Dal, Sea, and Dal at home, followed by Wash and NY on the road? Talk about a crazy home stretch. We need to go 3-2 (should be expected) over the next 5 to get that cushion, a win at Ariz or GB would be gravy.

The NFL did it right a few years ago when they changed the schedule to have most division games to close out the year. I hate the fact that we play DAL twice in 17 days. Need to spread out the hate, give it time to simmer over a few weeks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.