Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Percy Harvin nets SEA either a 4th or a 6th
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Yet we got nothing for DJAX.

Hopefully the Eagles correct their mistake in the trading process to make sure they get return for their assets in future trade deals.
I'm not harping on wanting DJAX here. We just should have gotten something for him (and there's that little issue of not spending the $10M but therapy is taking care of that!)
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 19 2014, 09:04 AM) *

Hopefully the Eagles correct their mistake in the trading process to make sure they get return for their assets in future trade deals.
I'm not harping on wanting DJAX here. We just should have gotten something for him (and there's that little issue of not spending the $10M but therapy is taking care of that!)

But we did get something... we got rid of a headache.
mcnabbulous
You wouldn't have been happy with a 4th or 6th rounder for him.
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 19 2014, 09:39 AM) *
You wouldn't have been happy with a 4th or 6th rounder for him.

It's all relative. Much happier than with nothing.
Dreagon
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 19 2014, 08:04 AM) *

The Jets front office was getting desperate. Jobs are probably on the line over there.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 19 2014, 02:27 PM) *
It's all relative. Much happier than with nothing.

Honestly Mike, the Hawks gave up a first round pick and two later round picks for him, then handed over 11 millions bucks already. He produced nothing for them and they traded him for a 4th or a 6th? So you would be happier with that scenario if u were a seahawk fan?
The way the Eagles released 10 was far less costly than what Seattle did.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 19 2014, 07:01 PM) *
Honestly Mike, the Hawks gave up a first round pick and two later round picks for him, then handed over 11 millions bucks already. He produced nothing for them and they traded him for a 4th or a 6th? So you would be happier with that scenario if u were a seahawk fan?
The way the Eagles released 10 was far less costly than what Seattle did.

I think you miss my point.

I see harvin as more damaged goods than Jackson and the fact that they still got a 4th or 6th for him leads me to believe had we played our cards better, we would be able to command at least that for Jackson. Also, wasn't Harvin's salary worse to pick up than Jackson's?

Again, I'm OK with Jackson being gone, but just puzzled about our lack of return.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 19 2014, 09:58 PM) *
I think you miss my point.

I see harvin as more damaged goods than Jackson and the fact that they still got a 4th or 6th for him leads me to believe had we played our cards better, we would be able to command at least that for Jackson. Also, wasn't Harvin's salary worse to pick up than Jackson's?

Again, I'm OK with Jackson being gone, but just puzzled about our lack of return.

Jackson produced zero interest from suitors which was proved by his quick signing at less than half of what he would have made here by mister star struck the second. The only way to get anything for him would have been by keeping him until this kind of scenario came along, if it even did. Don't forget the new GM in NY was in the Seahawk organization and was probably doing them a solid while hopefully expediting Rex's departure.

What we saved by releasing him for nothing was a lot of potential drama and BS, and given the shaky nature of this season's start, I doubt his presence would have been helpful. Chip is building a team of ballers, guys who love the game and devote all their energy to it. Jackson is a special talent, but he does not love the game and like our old friend Sean Andrews, he is about his music and the other business he is building. Football just pays his bills, superior talent with skewed focus.

My point is, keeping him until we could extract some price for him likely would have cost more than just cutting our losses with him the way they did.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.