Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McCoy Looks Overworked
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
rolleyes.gif

Well how about that? When Foles doesn't completely suck, that opens things up for the running game! Who woulda thunk?
koolaidluke
are you retarded?
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 12 2014, 11:14 PM) *
rolleyes.gif

Well how about that? When Foles doesn't completely suck, that opens things up for the running game! Who woulda thunk?

Actually it was more the case that the OTs sealed the edges and the TEs and WRs threw the the blocks needed so Shady could make the edge, and the interior guys were not getting beat regularly like the last couple of weeks, opening holes in the middle. The lines D & O played lights out and you win the game in the trenches. Shady and Foles improvement ties in to line play, and after tonight I think we can weather it until Kelce and Mathis return.
D Rock
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 13 2014, 03:14 AM) *
When Foles doesn't completely suck, that opens things up for the running game! Who woulda thunk?

Jesus, you're fucking stupid.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Oct 13 2014, 11:03 AM) *
Jesus, you're fucking stupid.

Great argument DCock! It's been awhile since you've graced us with your useless presence, glad to see you're still around. Say hi to your mailman's kids for me.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Oct 13 2014, 07:05 AM) *
Actually it was more the case that the OTs sealed the edges and the TEs and WRs threw the the blocks needed so Shady could make the edge, and the interior guys were not getting beat regularly like the last couple of weeks, opening holes in the middle. The lines D & O played lights out and you win the game in the trenches. Shady and Foles improvement ties in to line play, and after tonight I think we can weather it until Kelce and Mathis return.

Agreed, the line was dominant, I'm just saying that led to Foles playing well enough to take some pressure off of Shady, especially in the first half.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Oct 13 2014, 12:10 PM) *
Agreed, the line was dominant, I'm just saying that led to Foles playing well enough to take some pressure off of Shady, especially in the first half.

They started by establishing the run game, interestingly keeping Foles under center quite a bit. They also dumped any long ball attempts, going strictly short to mid range passing, making it easier for Foles to get in rhythm. Chip found the right tweaks and the line, after two weeks together, showed vast improvement. It was really a beautiful thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.