Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorry Guys, I Just Can't See A Win Tomorrow
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Here's a comparison of The Giants and the Eagles YTD. Info thru games last Sunday

Eagles 4-1, Giants 3-2

W-L record of opponents excluding outcomes vs NYG and PHI: NYG 10-9, PHI 7-12

Point Differential: NYG +22, PHI +24

Yards Differential: NYG (19), PHI (42)

Turnover Differential: NYG +3, PHI (4)

Home field Advantage in this Series: Home team is 4-6 in last 10 match ups

How did each team do vs. their opponents this year vs. what the rest of the NFL did vs. that competition?

NYG
vs. ATL, won by 10 when ATL has won by avg of 4.5 pts vs. other teams = +14.5 pt differential
vs. WAS, won by 31, when WAS has won by 5.6 pts vs others = +36.6 PD
vs. HOU, won by 13 when HOU has won by 7.5 pts vs. others = +20.5 PD
vs. ARI, lost by 11 when ARI beat others by 3.6 pts on avg = (14.6) PD
vs. DET, lost by 21 when DET beat others by 0.3 pts on avg = (20.7) PD
Total = 35.1 PD or +7.0 PD per game better than other teams have fared vs. same opponents

PHI
vs. STL, won by 6 when others have beaten STL by 9.7 pts on avg = (3.7) pt differential
vs. SF, lost by 5 when SF beat others by 0.3 pts on avg. = (4.7) pt differential
vs. WAS, won by 3, when they lost to others by 3.6 pts on avg. = (0.6) pt differential
vs. IND, won by 3, when they beat others by 12.8 on avg. = +15.8 pt differential
vs. JAX, won by 17 when others have beaten them by 21.3 on avg = (4.3) pt differential
Total = +2.5 PD or +0.5 PD per game better than other teams have fared vs. same opponents

This detailed analysis has NYG as a 6.5 point better team.

They had one common opponent: WAS. We beat them in PHI by 3, they beat them the next week in WAS by 31!

Injuries - they have Jennings out, we have Kendricks, Mathis, Kelce and probably Ryans.

I will admit, the Eagles-Giants games tend to be more unpredictable than most. You never know what will happen but...

How to make up for the difference? Black uniforms? Eh, No.

Can our ST and D continue to score TD's? The ST may put us in good spots as may a def T/O, but I don't think we can count on them to actually score TD's this week. It could happen, but not likely.

Can Matthews and Acho cover TE's and fill in at a decent level at ILB. Can't happen and won't.

They will continue to put eight men in the box, so even if we beat the odds and run behind fewer blockers than defenders, we will likely have only modest success, if not what we've been seeing the last few weeks.

They are saying, "here's your eight men, beat us deep Foles". Our WR's will continue to get open downfield so the opportunities will be there all day. Can we bank on Foles changing course? It could happen, but based on what happened so far this year behind the patch work line, I say it's not likely.

Can the Eagles beat the Giants Sunday? It could happen, but not likely

Giants 41
Eagles 27

It will give us something to talk about for two weeks, just like we always did when Andy was coaching those pre-bye losses.

Sorry. I will be loud and proud and rooting for another outcome, but I just don't see it this week. Here's hoping Nick Foles proves me and the NYG defense terribly wrong.
koolaidluke
Washington was drained for that Thursday night disaster and played over their heads against the Eagles so I wouldn't read too much into that.

I like the Giants in this one too though although the Foles-Kelly Eagles seem to be always full of surprises. They seem to almost always find a way to win.
Zero
I agree that a W will be tough but more because of the Eagles' injuries. If Ryans can't go the middle of the LBs will be weak putting more pressure on the DL. The middle of the OL is still weak without Kelce. And, although we're not told it's an injury, Foles needs to have a solid game.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 11 2014, 05:56 PM) *
Here's a comparison of The Giants and the Eagles YTD. Info thru games last Sunday

Eagles 4-1, Giants 3-2

I will admit, the Eagles-Giants games tend to be more unpredictable than most. You never know what will happen but...

Can Matthews and Acho cover TE's and fill in at a decent level at ILB. Can't happen and won't.

They will continue to put eight men in the box, so even if we beat the odds and run behind fewer blockers than defenders, we will likely have only modest success, if not what we've been seeing the last few weeks.

They are saying, "here's your eight men, beat us deep Foles". Our WR's will continue to get open downfield so the opportunities will be there all day. Can we bank on Foles changing course? It could happen, but based on what happened so far this year behind the patch work line, I say it's not likely.

Giants 41
Eagles 27

It will give us something to talk about for two weeks, just like we always did when Andy was coaching those pre-bye losses.

Sorry. I will be loud and proud and rooting for another outcome, but I just don't see it this week. Here's hoping Nick Foles proves me and the NYG defense terribly wrong.

Nice call Mikey...keep up the great work...hahahahahaha
nephillymike
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Oct 11 2014, 05:56 PM) *

Eagles 4-1, Giants 3-2

W-L record of opponents excluding outcomes vs NYG and PHI: NYG 10-9, PHI 7-12

Point Differential: NYG +22, PHI +24

Yards Differential: NYG (19), PHI (42)

Turnover Differential: NYG +3, PHI (4)

Home field Advantage in this Series: Home team is 4-6 in last 10 match ups

How did each team do vs. their opponents this year vs. what the rest of the NFL did vs. that competition?

NYG
vs. ATL, won by 10 when ATL has won by avg of 4.5 pts vs. other teams = +14.5 pt differential
vs. WAS, won by 31, when WAS has won by 5.6 pts vs others = +36.6 PD
vs. HOU, won by 13 when HOU has won by 7.5 pts vs. others = +20.5 PD
vs. ARI, lost by 11 when ARI beat others by 3.6 pts on avg = (14.6) PD
vs. DET, lost by 21 when DET beat others by 0.3 pts on avg = (20.7) PD
Total = 35.1 PD or +7.0 PD per game better than other teams have fared vs. same opponents

PHI
vs. STL, won by 6 when others have beaten STL by 9.7 pts on avg = (3.7) pt differential
vs. SF, lost by 5 when SF beat others by 0.3 pts on avg. = (4.7) pt differential
vs. WAS, won by 3, when they lost to others by 3.6 pts on avg. = (0.6) pt differential
vs. IND, won by 3, when they beat others by 12.8 on avg. = +15.8 pt differential
vs. JAX, won by 17 when others have beaten them by 21.3 on avg = (4.3) pt differential
Total = +2.5 PD or +0.5 PD per game better than other teams have fared vs. same opponents

This detailed analysis has NYG as a 6.5 point better team.

They had one common opponent: WAS. We beat them in PHI by 3, they beat them the next week in WAS by 31!

Injuries - they have Jennings out, we have Kendricks, Mathis, Kelce and probably Ryans.

Can our ST and D continue to score TD's? The ST may put us in good spots as may a def T/O, but I don't think we can count on them to actually score TD's this week. It could happen, but not likely.

Giants 41
Eagles 27

Who is this idiot?

Ban him now! !

5-1 baybee!

Happy Bye Week

Great game all around!,
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Oct 12 2014, 11:41 PM) *
Nice call Mikey...keep up the great work...hahahahahaha

Come on. Give the guy a break. He got half of it right. He said the Eagles would score 27, and he hit it right on the nose. Okay, so he was a little off when it came to what the gnats would score, but you are just being too picky now tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.