Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lesean's production
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
mcnabbulous
It's at least worth wondering if his heavy workload (70 more touches than any other year) is having an effect this year. Obviously the OL sucks, but the guy is averaging 2.7 yards per carry.

Not that anyone here could have predicted a possible decline in Shady's production if he was used really heavily...

http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=70100
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2014, 03:52 PM) *
It's at least worth wondering if his heavy workload (70 more touches than any other year) is having an effect this year.

No it's not - you're just looking for a way to justify your Reid-apologism, and as always you're wrong. Last year he was used as he always should've been under your boy the Lord of No Rings, and he responded with over 2,100 total yards. This year defenses are taking him out of the game, and making Foles beat them - and with a shitty o-line, the loss of DJax, etc., it results in having less production. You're like a 5 year old child, I can picture you gleefully cheering as he gets stuffed so you can surf the last 2 years of winghead posts, looking for something that makes you look like you know what you're talking about. Are you gonna wear your Charles jersey tonight? rolleyes.gif
mcnabbulous
Yeah, except for that fact that I can name (and have named) several RB's who were used extensively one year, followed by multiple years of significant and noticeable decreases in production.

Maurice Jones Drew has been a shell of himself since his heaviest workload.

Chris Johnson has averaged 4.2 yards per carry since his 2,000 yard season (when he averaged 5.6)

I won't argue that the offensive line is contributing to his issues, but he's averaging 2.7 yards per carry. That's beyond bad. Sproles has been significantly more effective when in the game with all of those same elements.

And you can make your pathetic Chief fan jokes all you want, but anyone who paid attention watched as you truly cheered against this team in 2011/2012. I supported Reid while he was here and was all on board with Chip from the moment his signing was announced. Unlike much of this board.

I use the search feature on this board extensively, because I can document the insane success rate I've had when predicting various situations. Whether it was any number of draft picks I've been right about, how I knew Reid would be successful in KC last year, or any other topic. My record of success speaks for itself. You, on the other hand, spew stupid shit and then get bummed that people can actually call you on it in the future.

The bottom line is that Shady isn't himself. There could be countless reasons for that being the case. As I said, it's at least worth wondering if his usage last year is contributing to his struggles...as it has for several other RB's in the past. We're not talking about "less production." We're talking about a significant decrease in production. To the tune of 50% every time he touches the ball.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2014, 04:33 PM) *
I use the search feature on this board extensively, because I can document the insane success rate I've had when predicting various situations. Whether it was any number of draft picks I've been right about, how I knew Reid would be successful in KC last year, or any other topic. My record of success speaks for itself.

Like I said, a 5 year old. It's beyond pathetic at this point.

How did Geno Smith look yesterday? Didn't you want us to draft him in the 1st round? laugh.gif And you've made a couple posts every time he has a preseason game where he doesn't shit the bed. *yawn*
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 29 2014, 03:49 PM) *
Like I said, a 5 year old. It's beyond pathetic at this point.

How did Geno Smith look yesterday? Didn't you want us to draft him in the 1st round? laugh.gif And you've made a couple posts every time he has a preseason game where he doesn't shit the bed. *yawn*

Sure did. Still quite sure he's going to turn out to be quite good. But you probably can't understand how getting out of the nightmare offensive situation in NY could possibly be good for his career. With his star receiver, Eric Decker, dropping pass after pass.

I can't imagine he'd be having more success with Chip running his offense instead of Marty.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2014, 03:52 PM) *
It's at least worth wondering if his heavy workload (70 more touches than any other year) is having an effect this year. Obviously the OL sucks, but the guy is averaging 2.7 yards per carry.

Not that anyone here could have predicted a possible decline in Shady's production if he was used really heavily...

http://www.wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=70100

I think we have to wait for Foles production to improve, which may/may not be linked to a cohesive o-line.....which may/may not be linked to McCoy's lack of production.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2014, 04:33 PM) *
And you can make your pathetic Chief fan jokes all you want, but anyone who paid attention watched as you truly cheered against this team in 2011/2012. I supported Reid while he was here and was all on board with Chip from the moment his signing was announced. Unlike much of this board.

Including HoP. Talk about irony.

HoP's Chiefs obsession is weird. What the Hell does McCoy getting overworked last season have to do with the Chiefs? Then again, I remember how after McNabb left that I took any criticism of Kolb or Vick as support for McNabb, so I can (for the first time ever) kindof empathize with our resident Internet Tough Guy. Down the road I eventually mellowed out about McNabb and now remember him positively overall which I suspect is what happens to the Andy haters as time passes and their anger dissipates.

Anyway, I think the Eagles rushing problems go way beyond McCoy. Problems in the running game started to show up by the end of last season and were only masked by the snow ball and the massacre of Chicago. The problems became really obvious during the Saints game when a healthy Oline and McCoy could do absolutely nothing against a mediocre Saints run D. Before the season even started I predicted that the Eagles offense would continue to be successful (and I stand by that) but that McCoy would have the worst season of his career.
rumply
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/.../277429991.html

2. Something seems off with LeSean McCoy. The o-line is obviously in tatters, and defenses are focusing on taking McCoy out, but he just hasn’t looked as explosive the last two games. He wasn’t his usual cut-on-a-dime self in the first two games, but you still saw the moves and his ability to make would-be tacklers miss. McCoy rushed 43 times for 163 yards and a touchdown before he had to leave the game against the Redskins following a helmet-to-helmet hit from cornerback David Amerson. Since then he has 27 carries for only 29 yards. McCoy was checked for a head injury, but returned. The disparity between the numbers pre- and post-hit suggests that maybe he was dinged up more than he and the Eagles let on, but Kelce’s injury occurred around the same time and could have had just as much to do with McCoy’s drop in production. Whatever it is, he may have to change his running style and lower his head and get more north to south.
HobbEs
Is it me or has Lesean gone back to dancing around in the hole? This was one of Andy Reid's early criticisms. Seems to me that he's hell bent on making that first person miss all the time. I wish he would add some power to his game and if the hole isn't there just run someone over (and try to make some positive yards by going north/south).

On a side note, what I loved about Walter Payton is that he could make you miss. He could also go through you.

The fact that Lesean got run over by Bethea while in pass protection speaks volumes. If he makes that block Foles has time to get the throw to Celek and we probably win the game. Right now he's a guy who can't make anything happen with the ball and can't protect his QB. How long until we see Chris Polk?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 29 2014, 07:01 PM) *
Including HoP. Talk about irony.

HoP's Chiefs obsession is weird. What the Hell does McCoy getting overworked last season have to do with the Chiefs? Then again, I remember how after McNabb left that I took any criticism of Kolb or Vick as support for McNabb, so I can (for the first time ever) kindof empathize with our resident Internet Tough Guy. Down the road I eventually mellowed out about McNabb and now remember him positively overall which I suspect is what happens to the Andy haters as time passes and their anger dissipates.

Anyway, I think the Eagles rushing problems go way beyond McCoy. Problems in the running game started to show up by the end of last season and were only masked by the snow ball and the massacre of Chicago. The problems became really obvious during the Saints game when a healthy Oline and McCoy could do absolutely nothing against a mediocre Saints run D. Before the season even started I predicted that the Eagles offense would continue to be successful (and I stand by that) but that McCoy would have the worst season of his career.

You're an idiot.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Sep 30 2014, 09:31 AM) *
Is it me or has Lesean gone back to dancing around in the hole?

He did that noticeably a few times, even the announcers got in on telling him to go north/south when there's nothing there. He's understandably frustrated with his production, and doesn't want to accept a short gain when he can try to dance around guys and break off a big one. Hopefully Chip makes it a point to address this.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (HobbEs @ Sep 30 2014, 02:31 PM) *
Is it me or has Lesean gone back to dancing around in the hole?

I agree and mentioned the same thing in another thread yesterday. McCoy is not aggressively hitting holes right now. He is dancing around behind the line of scrimmage expecting a sub-par line to hold their blocks while he figures out where he wants to go.

I don't think McCoy will ever be a physical runner but there is no reason he cannot at least pick up 3-4 yards by running more north-south. Once the line gets healthy McCoy will bounce back.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 29 2014, 06:01 PM) *
HoP's Chiefs obsession is weird.

He must be the saddest douche in all of Doucheville today.

As for Shady, it's likely a combination of things. I didn't think he should have played after the helmet to helmet in the DC game. He's obviously not taking what he can get, which is very little. The line has been bad, but 2.7 ypc is beyond just bad line play.

Something isn't right.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2014, 10:59 AM) *
He must be the saddest douche in all of Doucheville today.

laugh.gif

I'm none too pleased for sure, because my fantasy opponent had Charles, but it's always fun watching Belichick lose a national game - it's a shame Andy couldn't beat him when he was here. You must be the happiest douche in all of Doucheville today. Hopefully you didn't spill hummus all over your Chiefs jersey.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2014, 09:59 AM) *
As for Shady, it's likely a combination of things. I didn't think he should have played after the helmet to helmet in the DC game. He's obviously not taking what he can get, which is very little. The line has been bad, but 2.7 ypc is beyond just bad line play.

Something isn't right.

But the problems were already showing up at the tail end of last season.

The whole thing is moot anyway because even if McCoy is part of the problem Chip still has to play him. It reminds me of 2011 when Cromartie was a liability in the slot but Castillo had to play him anyway.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 30 2014, 11:40 AM) *
But the problems were already showing up at the tail end of last season.

The whole thing is moot anyway because even if McCoy is part of the problem Chip still has to play him. It reminds me of 2011 when Cromartie was a liability in the slot but Castillo had to play him anyway.

It all just highlights that our running game will never be truly maximized until we get a QB that offers a threat with his legs. Ultimately I think that is what Chip wants (and hopefully gets). We don't even pretend to read option at this point. That threat would definitely open things up.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 30 2014, 10:09 AM) *
laugh.gif

I'm none too pleased for sure, because my fantasy opponent had Charles, but it's always fun watching Belichick lose a national game - it's a shame Andy couldn't beat him when he was here. You must be the happiest douche in all of Doucheville today. Hopefully you didn't spill hummus all over your Chiefs jersey.

Always good to have my keen football acumen validated.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2014, 04:55 PM) *
It all just highlights that our running game will never be truly maximized until we get a QB that offers a threat with his legs.

I would say that the run game was pretty much maximized last season. McCoy did lead the league in total rushing yards and ran for over 5 yards per attempt. You are not going to get much better than that.

I do agree that having a more mobile QB could make the read option more effective but Chip has already demonstrated that his offense can put up 30+ a game without the read option. That is one of the things I really like about Chip. He can tailor his offense around the personnel that he has.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 30 2014, 01:49 PM) *
I would say that the run game was pretty much maximized last season. McCoy did lead the league in total rushing yards and ran for over 5 yards per attempt. You are not going to get much better than that.

Of course, but you know football and are thinking rationally. He actually tried suggesting that Chris Johnson's workload was responsible for him 'declining' in rushing yardage from when he had 2,000 freaking rushing yards! It's sad.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 30 2014, 02:10 PM) *
Of course, but you know football and are thinking rationally. He actually tried suggesting that Chris Johnson's workload was responsible for him 'declining' in rushing yardage from when he had 2,000 freaking rushing yards! It's sad.

No, not rushing yards. Yards per carry. I don't give a shit about rushing yards.

He averaged 5.6 ypc in 2009. Since then, his averages have been: 4.3, 4.0, 4.5, 3.9, 4.1. He's not even 30 yet.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2014, 03:14 PM) *
No, not rushing yards. Yards per carry. I don't give a shit about rushing yards.

He averaged 5.6 ypc in 2009. Since then, his averages have been: 4.3, 4.0, 4.5, 3.9, 4.1. He's not even 30 yet.

In other words, apart from arguably the best season by a RB in history, his yds/carry has been right around where the league's top RBs are, on a pretty shitty Tennessee team.

huh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 30 2014, 02:21 PM) *
In other words, apart from arguably the best season by a RB in history, his yds/carry has been right around where the league's top RBs are, on a pretty shitty Tennessee team.

huh.gif

Since one of the best seasons in NFL history, he has carried the ball 1,174 times. He has gained 4,898 yards.

That is 4.17 yards per carry, for a guy that isn't yet 30 years old.

In 2013, that would have ranked 24th in the league. Yeah, top running back alright.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2014, 03:34 PM) *
Since one of the best seasons in NFL history, he has carried the ball 1,174 times. He has gained 4,898 yards.

That is 4.17 yards per carry, for a guy that isn't yet 30 years old.

In 2013, that would have ranked 24th in the league. Yeah, top running back alright.

Yeah, right with Eddie Lacy and Frank Gore (4.1), and Marshawn Lynch (4.2). But hey, those guys are nowhere near Donald Brown and Chris Ivory, right? Can you figure out the intellectual dishonesty of your point?

Oh look, Sproles is at 6.7 yards per carry!
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 30 2014, 02:49 PM) *
Yeah, right with Eddie Lacy and Frank Gore (4.1), and Marshawn Lynch (4.2). But hey, those guys are nowhere near Donald Brown and Chris Ivory, right? Can you figure out the intellectual dishonesty of your point?

Oh look, Sproles is at 6.7 yards per carry!

Got it. So you think 4.1 ypc is good. In fact, it's better than 4.5 or 5.0, right? Is that the argument you're making?

koolaidluke
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 30 2014, 02:21 PM) *

huh.gif

are you retarded? ~4.1 ypc are the numbers of a top back?

What's your deal man, do you have like a personality disorder or something?
nephillymike
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 30 2014, 11:55 AM) *
It all just highlights that our running game will never be truly maximized until we get a QB that offers a threat with his legs. Ultimately I think that is what Chip wants (and hopefully gets). We don't even pretend to read option at this point. That threat would definitely open things up.

Even with Foles immobility, they need him to keep the ball three times a game and run with conviction.

He has been really tentative when he runs which is really disappointing.

I don't need stupid recklessness, but I want effort.

He hasn't been giving effort on those rare occasions IMO.

If Foles keeps it three times a game, he averages 5 ypc or more and opens up a little bit for Shady.

I can think of worse options.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 30 2014, 07:21 PM) *
are you retarded? ~4.1 ypc are the numbers of a top back?

What's your deal man, do you have like a personality disorder or something?

You're an idiot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.