Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chip's postgame presser
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
At one point he said, "we got whooped up front", meaning the offensive line got manhandled, which it did.

He went on to answer a lot of other questions, but there was no need to as far as I was concerned. He could have just stated the one line above, and walked out of the room.
nephillymike
I love the amount of info you get from his pressers.

To me, the play that cost us the go ahead TD was a missed block in pass protection by Shady that cost Foles to rush a would be open TD to Celek on that late drive. He needs to stop that rush by the safety on that blitz. That hurt.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 28 2014, 08:58 PM) *
To me, the play that cost us ...

For me it was the go ahead score by SF after Ertz fumbled the ball. SF had 3rd & 10 and Stevie Johnson made an incredible catch for the score. Your "bff" Carey 'Sconce' Williams looked horrible on that play.
mcnabbulous
That bullshit holding call on Williams didn't help, but one penalty can't be blamed for costing us the game. One play isn't really responsible either. There were about 10 throws by Foles that could be blamed for the loss. Overall, our offense just didn't do enough. Our OL in disarray doesn't help, but Foles had enough opportunities and simply didn't capitalize.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2014, 05:10 PM) *
That bullshit holding call on Williams didn't help, but one penalty can't be blamed for costing us the game. One play isn't really responsible either. There were about 10 throws by Foles that could be blamed for the loss. Overall, our offense just didn't do enough. Our OL in disarray doesn't help, but Foles had enough opportunities and simply didn't capitalize.

"There were about 10 throws by Foles that could be blamed for the loss" is overblown. Foles definitely missed some throws that could have made a difference, especially on some of the longer routes. The whole offense came up short. It boggles my mind that this offense couldn't get the win after being given a 21 point cushion by the defense and special teams. Just 1 FG in the first 3 quarters would have allowed the Eagles to attempt another FG on 4th and goal from the 1 instead of having to go for the TD.

Hopefully the injury bug has runs it's course. We start to get back to a full team this week with Johnson's return from suspension and maybe Kendrick's will be ready to go as well.
Phits
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 29 2014, 12:24 PM) *
"There were about 10 throws by Foles that could be blamed for the loss" is overblown. Foles definitely missed some throws that could have made a difference, especially on some of the longer routes. The whole offense came up short. It boggles my mind that this offense couldn't get the win after being given a 21 point cushion by the defense and special teams. Just 1 FG in the first 3 quarters would have allowed the Eagles to attempt another FG on 4th and goal from the 1 instead of having to go for the TD.

Hopefully the injury bug has runs it's course. We start to get back to a full team this week with Johnson's return from suspension and maybe Kendrick's will be ready to go as well.

I don't think Nabby's statement is overblown at all. Nitpicking individual plays/moments in the game, there are at least 10 passes that could be blamed for the loss. There was also at least 3 under thrown deep balls that would have resulted in a score.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 29 2014, 11:24 AM) *

Really? He threw 22 incompletions yesterday. I suspect about half of those were very completable. And that doesn't include the miracle catch by Maclin. Foles was real bad yesterday.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 29 2014, 05:41 PM) *
Really? He threw 22 incompletions yesterday. I suspect about half of those were very completable. And that doesn't include the miracle catch by Maclin. Foles was real bad yesterday.

I am not going to go back and watch the game and decide which of his incompletions were his fault and which were not. There were a few dropped passes, a few throw aways and few that were thrown in the dirt to avoid a sack while under pressure. All of those pass attempts counted towards those 22 incompletions as well as the balls that were poorly thrown by Foles.

The point of my post was that the entire offense came up short and stating that 10 passes by Foles was the cause of the loss is not accurate. He had a bad game but so did Chip, the OL and McCoy. The OL was poor in both run and pass protection. McCoy was not hitting holes hard at all, dancing around and expecting a sub par line to hold blocks while he figured out where to go. Foles reacted poorly to the pass rush and either held on to the ball too long or attempted some ill-advised throws. The entire offense failed, not just Foles.
D Rock
By my eyes, sconce Williams is primarily responsible for that loss. He played coward ball all day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.