Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 71-1-1
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Teams with three return or defensive TD's in a game were 71-1-1 until today.

Hard to believe.

That was our chance for a first round bye.

Foles has got to hit those open deep balls.

I need to see who was open on the tape. No way with stuffing the run that we didn,t have options.

Kudos to the D, a valiant effort.

BTW, get Sconces off my team. Twice in the 2nd half, he needed to sacrifice his body to take on a block so that the guy behind him could make the play. Twice he pussied out, not only not making the play, but he prevented the guy behind him from making the play with huge gains. Embarrassing.

3-1, got STL coming off a bye. We can recover.

Go Saints!
koolaidluke
why do we want the Saints to win?
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 28 2014, 08:07 PM) *

So the cowboys are at 2-2 and we stay in1st alone?
mcnabbulous
Foles is pretty okay. It will be cool when Chip has his guy at the position.

Going into his second year, I recall lots of concerns about Foles' deep ball. He seemed to have figured it out. Apparently not. He has been awful going deep this year.

Sucks that we lost that game. Kaepernick sucks. That's a game we could have and should have won. That defensive holding call was bullshit. Niners fans are asshats.

mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 28 2014, 07:07 PM) *

Agreed. We should be able to take care of our own business with regards to Dallas. They suck. I'd rather the Saints lose. They are more of a real threat to us.
koolaidluke
I didn't realize the Saints were playing Dallas, that's why the comment confused me. I thought maybe Mike was also a Saints fan in addition to being an Eagles fans or something.

I don't see Dallas being much of a threat to the Eagles for the division. The Giants on the other hand definitely are.
Zero
The refs sucked today but the Eagles offense and Chip lost the game. Why did he take that penalty instead of letting them kick the field goal?

I'm getting concerned with Nick too. Sure, the OL sucked but he kept missing open receivers deep and he didn't seem to be making good decisions. For me, his biggest problem is consistency. Maybe that's him being a young, but this is a contract year for him. Do they dump franchise money on him if he keeps playing the way he has been?
JaxEagle
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 28 2014, 08:00 PM) *

Hard to believe.

That was our chance for a first round bye.

Foles has got to hit those open deep balls.

I need to see who was open on the tape. No way with stuffing the run that we didn,t have options.

Kudos to the D, a valiant effort.

BTW, get Sconces off my team. Twice in the 2nd half, he needed to sacrifice his body to take on a block so that the guy behind him could make the play. Twice he pussied out, not only not making the play, but he prevented the guy behind him from making the play with huge gains. Embarrassing.

3-1, got STL coming off a bye. We can recover.

Go Saints!

Totally agree. Cary Williams has stunk this year. 71-1-1. Maybe 20 years from now if we do that again we can parlay it into a win. That is about how often it happens. Nice to waste it...
nephillymike
Why Saints?

I'm from Philly, and it is in my DNA that my two favorite teams every week are the Eagles and whoever plays Dallas!

Also, unlike most others, I think Dallas is our biggest threat for the division. People forget how close we came to losing the playoff spot to the Orton led Cowboys last year and they smoked us at home.

Go Saints!
Reality Fan
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 28 2014, 07:29 PM) *
The refs sucked today but the Eagles offense and Chip lost the game. Why did he take that penalty instead of letting them kick the field goal?

I'm getting concerned with Nick too. Sure, the OL sucked but he kept missing open receivers deep and he didn't seem to be making good decisions. For me, his biggest problem is consistency. Maybe that's him being a young, but this is a contract year for him. Do they dump franchise money on him if he keeps playing the way he has been?

you can't say that "sure the ol sucks" and then dismiss it as if it is not a huge reason Foles is missing deep balls.....he rarely gets to set his feet.....

He will be fine....but when you have no running game which they do not have right now with this Ol you are going to have a tough day throwing the ball. I am not worried about him getting his timing down with the deep ball...I am worrying about the running game not drawing in the safeties anymore.....that was the reason Jackson and Cooper had big years last year....

And the "way he has been" was leading the league in passing yards entering the day.....just sayin.....
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 28 2014, 08:00 PM) *

Hard to believe.

Our defense started out promising, but looked absolutely horrid in the 2nd half, and the blueprint is out there: take Shady out of the game, and dare Foles to beat you. You might still prevail against the Redskins, but not SF. I don't see why this is such a shocking loss, without the 3 non-offense td's it would've been an embarassment. I'm shocked we had a chance to win the game with a minute left.

I'm not blaming Foles completely since our o-line is in tatters, but without the comfort of Shady running for 100+ a game, he looks timid out there.
D Rock
It's hard not looking timid when you're getting murdered week after week. It's tough to throw an accurate ball when you're gettin creamed upon release.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 29 2014, 03:02 PM) *
It's hard not looking timid when you're getting murdered week after week. It's tough to throw an accurate ball when you're gettin creamed upon release.

Lolz. Poor Foles. The only QB in the NFL that doesn't get any help from his supporting cast.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 29 2014, 04:02 PM) *

Yeah, which is why I'm not blaming him completely. He should also know by now that he's got less time to make decisions and needs to adjust to that, but maybe that's Chip's fault partially.
Eyrie
The lack of a running game is down to McCoy lacking lanes because of the lack of an OL.

The lack of a passing game is down to Foles being nervous because of the lack of an OL.

I think we have a problem that won't go away until Kelce and Mathis are healthy. Got to hope that Johnson shakes off the rust quickly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.