Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: They deserved to lose that game
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
One real offensive drive the entire game.

If they would have pulled this out, it would have been the most blatant case of Grand Larceny in the NFL.

An appropriate ending.

nephillymike
Yep. Agree 100%.

They need to know you can't play like shit on offense and beat a playoff caliber team.

They'll be better off for removing the illusion.
mcnabbulous
I don't think they purposely played like shit on offense to test that theory.
nephillymike
If I said to you before the game that we need 6 points from the offense to win this game, what do you think the chances would be that we lose that game? Maybe a one in seventy three chance?

Damn!
mcnabbulous
Maybe Foles just isn't very good? We should have won the game, but I'll take 3-1 at this point. We need our line to get back together. It's obviously the problem.
Phits
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 28 2014, 09:20 PM) *
Maybe Foles just isn't very good?

He may not be very good....but is he that bad? He has looked pretty bad for 10 out of 16 quarters this season. He stunk up the game today. The o-line didn't help much, he was over throwing the receivers and their timing was off. He's got to make teams pay for stacking the box.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 28 2014, 08:33 PM) *
He may not be very good....but is he that bad? He has looked pretty bad for 10 out of 16 quarters this season. He stunk up the game today. The o-line didn't help much, he was over throwing the receivers and their timing was off. He's got to make teams pay for stacking the box.

I don't think he's bad. I think he's probabaly just a guy. I thought Matt Schaub when I first saw him and that still feels just about right.

He'll have good weeks and bad weeks.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 28 2014, 09:33 PM) *

Trouble is he is getting pounded too much, last year they kept him clean. I hope Johnson on the right and Herremans back in his guard spot this week shores up the weakness in the line. But the loss of Kelce is really concerning me, Molk looked like road kill out there.
nephillymike
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Sep 28 2014, 09:39 PM) *
Trouble is he is getting pounded too much, last year they kept him clean. I hope Johnson on the right and Herremans back in his guard spot this week shores up the weakness in the line. But the loss of Kelce is really concerning me, Molk looked like road kill out there.

Did you catch Molk's post game interview on Comcast Post Game?

The guy is just happy to be playing in the NFL and doesn't seem concerned with his play or the outcome of the game.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 28 2014, 09:59 PM) *
I don't think he's bad. I think he's probabaly just a guy. I thought Matt Schaub when I first saw him and that still feels just about right.

I'm gonna get panned for this, but you know who he reminds me a lot of? post 2004 Donovan McNabb. Can't sustain drives and inconsistent with the deep ball but makes up for it by making some insane throws. Takes a hellacious physical beating week after week. Holds the ball forever but doesn't throw picks. Alternates between awful and lights out even within the course of a single game. Struggles in the red zone. Foles is a little more accurate but McNabb had a stronger arm.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 28 2014, 10:48 PM) *
Did you catch Molk's post game interview on Comcast Post Game?

The guy is just happy to be playing in the NFL and doesn't seem concerned with his play or the outcome of the game.

That was amazing. He was downright giddy. He is either incredibly stupid or naive.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 28 2014, 09:59 PM) *

nail on the head.

I'm not even going to get too fired up about the O-Line. Now Riley Cooper... certified BUM. there's a thread about him, though.
mcnabbulous
Foles seems to throw every ball late this year, especially the deep throws. Which, I suspect, is why everything he throws is off.

With the exception of the Skins game, he's been really mediocre this year. Yesterday he was just plain bad.
JeeQ
Even the worst teams in the league don't put up 0 points on offense... game was abysmal, I hate to even talk about it and give it life
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.