Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chip....Run the Ball!!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
3rd & 1 .... pass
4th & 1 .... pass

Felt like the ghost of Andy Reid
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 28 2014, 07:46 PM) *
3rd & 1 .... pass
4th & 1 .... pass

Felt like the ghost of Andy Reid

Sadly, if they would have run the ball both times, they probably would have lost yardage both times.
nephillymike
I can't advocate running it there.

We had nothing.

Oddly enough, I would have been OK with a Foles bootleg on first or second down. They wouldn't have expected it.

Mc Coy needs to learn how to take the three yards given in tough times.
Eyrie
Agree that there was no point to running when they were expecting it, given that the 49ers were snuffing us out with their base defence.
samaroo
Looking forward to what Shady can do when we get our starting 5 back in. LJ coming back, moving Todd back inside should be an instant improvement. Tough to keep up with news on deployment...when are Kelce and Mathis expected to be back?
Phits
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 29 2014, 05:18 PM) *
Agree that there was no point to running when they were expecting it, given that the 49ers were snuffing us out with their base defence.

At that point it really doesn't matter how the rest of the game went. Our passing game was shut down. A potential game winning TD and we have 2 chances for 1 yard, An NFL team, with an All-Pro caliber RB, should be able to get that or go down trying.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 30 2014, 01:28 AM) *
At that point it really doesn't matter how the rest of the game went. Our passing game was shut down. A potential game winning TD and we have 2 chances for 1 yard, An NFL team, with an All-Pro caliber RB, should be able to get that or go down trying.

The evidence makes it pretty likely that we would have gone down trying.

The passing game was also poor, but it did offer us a better opportunity to get the TD.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 29 2014, 07:28 PM) *

I tend to agree with this. I actually would have been okay with a pass on 3rd and run on 4th in that scenario. Spread them out, give Shady the ball and make sure he goes north.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.