Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Giants vs Redskins
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Dreagon
Despite the fact these are two 1-2 teams, this is actually a big game.

When you consider that the Eagles play the 49ers, and the Cowboys play the Saints later this weekend, this game is even more significant than normal for this time of year. Both the Redskins and the Giants have to know that the winner of this game is most likely right back in the thick of things, while the loser will have a nice head start at becoming this years basement dweller in the NFC East.

Since the Redskins already have a loss against a divisional opponent, losing this game will be even more damaging to them. They are really going to need Kirk Cousins to step up because despite Eli's problems lately, he has a way for showing up for big games.

I'm still trying to decide who I'm rooting for here.
koolaidluke
I tend to root against the Giants as a matter of principle.

I don't see the Redskins being much of a problem for the Giants.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 24 2014, 10:07 PM) *

When you consider that the Eagles play the 49ers, and the Cowboys play the Saints later this weekend, this game is even more significant than normal for this time of year. Both the Redskins and the Giants have to know that the winner of this game is most likely right back in the thick of things, while the loser will have a nice head start at becoming this years basement dweller in the NFC East.

Since the Redskins already have a loss against a divisional opponent, losing this game will be even more damaging to them. They are really going to need Kirk Cousins to step up because despite Eli's problems lately, he has a way for showing up for big games.

BUTT-Skins.
Eff the New Jersey Gi-Aints.
Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 25 2014, 08:28 AM) *

Haha! Yeah, I know what you mean. I have rooted for the Giants precisely twice in my life....and only because I wanted New England to lose worse than I hated the Giants. I haven't seen the Redskins play with Cousins yet, so I don't know if they can give the Giants any problems or not. Here's hoping they make a good game of it.

QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Sep 25 2014, 8:32 AM, post=) *
BUTT-Skins.
Eff the New Jersey Gi-Aints.

Yeah, that's the outcome I'm kinda hoping for too. My dislike for the Giants outweighs my ancient antipathy for the Redskins. Besides, that would give each of them a loss within the division. I guess it's also because I sense the Giants are currently more dangerous and would prefer them as far back as possible early in the season.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 25 2014, 08:28 AM) *

Same

They're both really shitty.
Eyrie
I'd be happy with a tie to hurt both teams.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 24 2014, 10:07 PM) *

I could never bring myself to root for any of our division rivals --- unless of course a win by them puts us in the playoffs. That is the only exception.

With that said, I hope they beat the pulp out of each other for five quarters, and it ends in a tie.

I only saw Cousins play in the game against us last week, and I thought he did a pretty good job. The guy doesn't seem to get rattled.
Birdman420
I think cousins will tear the giants up. Looking forward to the game.
Phits
The way I see it: Since Cousins' is RG3's stand in, I hope he rips it up that game and adds fuel to the QB controversy fire.

So, Ill root for Washington.
Dreagon
Damn. Eli looking like an All-Pro out there tonight. The Washington defense just looks slow.
koolaidluke
Washington's defense is pretty bad as it is and I think they are deflated from a short week.

You probably didn't see the Redskins Eagles game but Washington was just giving up the middle of the field in a way that reminded me of the 2012 Eagles defense.

The Giants have a legitimately good defense and I knew that their O would eventually get on track. They start every season in total disarray but eventually get their shit together. Same story every year.
Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 25 2014, 11:40 PM) *
Washington's defense is pretty bad as it is and I think they are deflated from a short week.

You probably didn't see the Redskins Eagles game but Washington was just giving up the middle of the field in a way that reminded me of the 2012 Eagles defense.

The Giants have a legitimately good defense and I knew that their O would eventually get on track. They start every season in total disarray but eventually get their shit together. Same story every year.

I was honestly starting to feel bad for them by the end of the game. The QB they traded a fortune for is hurt again, the backup they drafted highly in the fourth round of the same year was having a horrible game, their defense may very well replace ours as league last, and they find themselves in the division cellar after a woeful performance on national TV.

On the other hand, you are definitely right in that the Giants look like they may be pulling one of their patented resurrections. Now they are looking dangerous again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.