Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think this week, we get beat pretty good
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I'm thinking 34-21, and not even that close.

The lack of run blocking by us will limit our options and Foles will be under pressure all day.

Much is the ebb and flow of the NFL.

I think this week, the ebb comes back to kick our asses.

Get the loss out of the way, hopefully lose no more to injury, and then comeback for a good pre bye run.
koolaidluke
The Eagles couldn't run the ball for shit against Washington and it didn't hurt the Eagles passing game at all. A strong running game just really isn't that important.

On paper the 49ers probably should win a close game (not sure why you are predicting a blowout) because their defense matches up well against the Eagles O, their offense can make big plays, they are playing at home and the game is all the way on the west coast and the Eagles are banged up.

Officially I am predicting the Niners but the stars were aligned for the Redskins too and they couldn't do it. The season is young but this team just seems to have an amazing ability to pull games out.
xsv
The 49ers have looked pretty awful in recent weeks. They still have some playmakers, but I'm not convinced that team can still put it all together when it needs to. I feel a shootout coming, with the winner being the team that turns the ball over the least. I think that will be us.
mcnabbulous
Think it will be a good game. Kaepernick is a shitty passer and our run defense is our strength.

Obviously it's all dependent on our OL holding up, which is a big question mark. I have the ultimate faith in Chip to make the necessary adjustments.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 23 2014, 11:29 PM) *
I'm thinking 34-21, and not even that close.

The lack of run blocking by us will limit our options and Foles will be under pressure all day.

Washington rolled the dice on taking Shady out of the game and letting Foles beat them, and Foles did - the 49ers (and most teams we play this year) will have to do the same thing, and hope our patchwork o-line can't handle them.

Vernon Davis will destroy us, I think SF puts up 30+ in this one, everything points towards a shootout. If we pull this one out call me a believer.
Dreagon
SF is a tough team to figure out. They beat us, but they didn't spank us like I thought they would. Truthfully, if we hadn't given them fourteen early points on turnovers it would have been a much tighter ballgame. And we're the only team they've beaten so far this year. We were able to run on them, so I wouldn't be too surprised if you guys end up running better than you think.

I'm not saying they aren't tough, but I don't think they are quite the super heavyweights some people make them out to be.
make_it_rain
I think San Fran wins fairly comfortably, something like 30-21.

Even with the defense missing Bowman and Aldon Smith its still pretty good and will be the best unit the team has faced so far. Vernon Davis looks like he's going to play, and our linebackers were already pretty mediocre in coverage even before Kendricks went out. Niners have their backs against the wall and can also chew it up with Gore and Carlos Hyde. I just feel like it's due for a tough outing this time around.

Then again, I took Buffalo AND Tampa Bay last week, so some of the more optimistic folks on this board should feel good that I like the niners in this game, since I have proven to be a complete mush.

If somehow, someway Eagles go in there and steal another win, watch out though.
JeeQ
If the Eagles go in to SF and steal a win then anything is possible for this team
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.