Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHIP KELLY WISDOM OF THE WEEK
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Phits
Chip, on offensive diversity:

“We are equal opportunity distributors. How do you want to defend us? Doesn’t matter. If there’s a matchup we can exploit, we’ll exploit it. We don’t have a set number [of touches] that this needs to go here, this needs to go here. A lot of times, it’s different guys, different games. And one game it’s one guy, another game, it’s another guy. So it’s not by design that we are trying to go one way or another way … In the four years [at Oregon], one year the leading receiver was a wide receiver, one year it was a tight end and one year it was a running back. Here is what happened at Oregon. We were up 50 points in a lot of games, so we threw the ball less than ever. And I had that question last year a thousand times that you really emphasize the run. Well, when the score is 50‑3 at halftime, we are not coming out in the second half and jacking the ball around. So we had some running backs that were seventh string that were our scout squad guys that got more touches than an All-Pac-12 receiver in a game and that’s because the game itself dictated that. I hope our running backs carry the ball more than we throw the ball this year in every single game, because if they do, that means we are winning every single game.”
mcnabbulous
I have to imagine he enjoys the competitiveness of the NFL, compared to the 50-3 blowouts he makes reference to.

Almost every NFL game is a strategic dogfight. He maybe had 1-2 of those a year in college.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 23 2014, 05:47 PM) *
I have to imagine he enjoys the competitiveness of the NFL, compared to the 50-3 blowouts he makes reference to.

Almost every NFL game is a strategic dogfight. He maybe had 1-2 of those a year in college.

it will be a lot less competitive if we can do two things

1 - Get our OL healthy
2 - Find our defence
nephillymike
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 23 2014, 01:26 PM) *
it will be a lot less competitive if we can do two things

1 - Get our OL healthy
2 - Find our defence

Note to the file

First step to finding the defense:

Spell it correctly!!!

blah.gif
Eyrie
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 24 2014, 04:11 AM) *
Note to the file

First step to finding the defense:

Spell it correctly!!!

blah.gif

So that's where Bill Davis is going wrong - he's using a folder marked "defense" and no-one has a clue what that means biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.