Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Geno Smith
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
D Rock
Lookin good nabulous!!!

laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
Threw a terrible first pass, but has looked spectacular since. Hard to argue the guy is a starting caliber NFL QB. And only in his second year.
mcnabbulous
That second pic was terrible. He has still played well tonight. And will be a long term starter in the league.
D Rock
laugh.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 22 2014, 10:45 PM) *
laugh.gif

Not quite sure what you're laughing at. Are you denying he looks like an NFL starter? I can name at least half a dozen guys drafted in the first round who I would take him over right now.
D Rock
He's the embodiment of "check down Charlie" at best! He looks atrocious to my eyes. Check down, run it, or screw it up. If that's "nfl starter" for you, I'm glad you're not picking QBs for our iggles.

laugh.gif
xsv
I thought he looked absolutly horrific. I thought for sure he was going to get yanked in favor of Vick. I still think he should have been. He's the next Vince Young, IMO.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 22 2014, 11:26 PM) *
He's the embodiment of "check down Charlie" at best! He looks atrocious to my eyes. Check down, run it, or screw it up. If that's "nfl starter" for you, I'm glad you're not picking QBs for our iggles.

laugh.gif

Check down Charlie? He threw for 316 yards to the likes of Jeremy Kerley and Greg Salas. The Jets have easily the worst offensive talent in football. The only guy that looked like a functional offensive player was that one running back.

He made some critical mistakes, obviously, but the guy has very good composure, he's pretty accurate, and he has a very good arm. Give him some viable weapons and he'll be fine. He's still only in his second year.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 23 2014, 01:44 PM) *
The Jets have easily the worst offensive talent in football.

I know. Especially at quarterback.

Just like college, the vast majority of his throws were dink n dunks 5 yards past the Los smack in the middle of the field. He's just not a quarterback.

I mean really. He sucks nards. Big ones.

And to think you wanted us the draft him IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!

laugh.gif

Chris Ivory is my flex RB in ff. he's good BECAUSE in a por league he gets his points from check dwn Charlie.

You crack me up. Geno Smith is a quarterback.

laugh.gif

Did you catch any of the post game analysis? They murdered his "game" essentially saying "he has none."
D Rock
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 23 2014, 01:24 PM) *
I thought he looked absolutly horrific. I thought for sure he was going to get yanked in favor of Vick. I still think he should have been. He's the next Vince Young, IMO.

Precisely.

Do t mind nabby. He's just desperately trying to save face after throwing a school girl hissy for us to draft him IN THE FIRST ROUND last year.

laugh.gif

Dood was a dog shit prospect coming out, and he's a dog shot player in yr 2. He is what I said he was, a physical talent who's ceiling as a qb was "career backup."
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 23 2014, 09:33 AM) *
I know. Especially at quarterback.

Just like college, the vast majority of his throws were dink n dunks 5 yards past the Los smack in the middle of the field. He's just not a quarterback.

I mean really. He sucks nards. Big ones.

And to think you wanted us the draft him IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!!

laugh.gif

Chris Ivory is my flex RB in ff. he's good BECAUSE in a por league he gets his points from check dwn Charlie.

You crack me up. Geno Smith is a quarterback.

laugh.gif

Did you catch any of the post game analysis? They murdered his "game" essentially saying "he has none."

So you think Jeremy Kerley and Greg Salas are legit receiving threats? They make Charles Johnson and Torrance Small look like Rice and John Taylor.
D Rock
Typical. Keep steering the conversation in meandering ways to meaningless nonsense.

ANYTHING, to avoid admitting you were wrong on geno phuquing smith.

You can do it . . . Say it with me . . .

I was wr...wr...wr...

See? Was that so bad?

To think, you actually wanted us to draft that turd with the fourth overall pick.

ohmy.gif
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 23 2014, 08:24 AM) *

A Vince Young comparison is probably the laziest possible one you can make. Their games are completely different.

Geno is 24. Aaron Rodgers didn't become a full time starter until his age 25 season. Geno will be more than alright. He threw a terrible interception in the end zone, but that's what young guys do when they're trying to force things (because his skill position guys are the worst in football).

But don't worry about DRock. He desperately wants Geno to fail (for god knows what reason) to justify wanting to take an OG with a top-5 pick.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 23 2014, 10:21 AM) *
Typical. Keep steering the conversation in meandering ways to meaningless nonsense.

ANYTHING, to avoid admitting you were wrong on geno phuquing smith.

You'll have a hard time getting me to admit I was wrong about a QB after 19 games as a professional. Especially one who has had very good moments. He makes some poor decisions, but that is the nature of the position for young guys.

And as a point of reference, check out the first 3 games of Donovan's 2nd year in the league:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...0/gamelog/2000/

50/92 (54%), 462 yards, 2 TD's, 3 INT's, 1-2 record

Geno is:
65/103 (63%), 713 yards, 3 TD's, 4 INT's, 1-2 record

Yeah, but we should completely right off Geno. He's done.
D Rock
LMAO

First, we took a TACKLE not a guard. Get it straight. And you call X's analysis lazy? Please.

Second, your "legit staring nfl quarterback" a.k.a. The human turnover machine, is so "legit" he's about to get benched in favor of the original Human Turnover machine.

There is about zero chance geno phuquing smith is a staring quarterback by mid season. This turd makes jake locker look like Dan Marino.

And since you find my motivation so baffling, I'll spell it out for you.

Motivation the first . . .

I speak truth for truth's sake.

Motivation the second . . .

I plan to take some small pleasure in watching you admit your fallibility for the first time in all your years on this forum.

Good day, sir!
D Rock
And c'mon....

No props for the fonzi find?
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 23 2014, 10:36 AM) *
LMAO

First, we took a TACKLE not a guard. Get it straight. And you call X's analysis lazy? Please.

Second, your "legit staring nfl quarterback" a.k.a. The human turnover machine, is so "legit" he's about to get benched in favor of the original Human Turnover machine.

There is about zero chance geno phuquing smith is a staring quarterback by mid season. This turd makes jake locker look like Dan Marino.

And since you find my motivation so baffling, I'll spell it out for you.

Motivation the first . . .

I speak truth for truth's sake.

Motivation the second . . .

I plan to take some small pleasure in watching you admit your fallibility for the first time in all your years on this forum.

Good day, sir!

Do I need to pull up one of your Chance Warmack love affair posts?

But yeah, take a look at Donnie vs. Geno stats and right off Geno. That's fine by me. You want to double down on writing the guy off, but I'll double down on him turning into a very good starter in this league.

D Rock
Holy phuqing Shit!

Are you gonna defend geno smith as a quarterback by comparing him to Dunuvin?

Bwahahahahahahhaaa

A least use a quarterback. His chief problem is he's too much like Supa5.
D Rock
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 23 2014, 03:40 PM) *
Do I need to pull up one of your Chance Warmack love affair posts?

Again with your meandering redirecting...

We took a TACKLE at 4. You wanted geno at 4.

I wanted chance at 22 in a completely different draft.

Lazy, man. Lazy.

Now I'm pissed you ignored my fonzi bit. That shit was funny!

Oh. Geno phuqing smith sux nards. He'll be benched in 2-4 weeks.
mcnabbulous
Why are you so desperate to finish this discussion 19 games into his career? The guy is 24! He has Marty fucking Morninweg as his OC. He has Jeremy Kerley as his #1 receiver. He was thrown into a terrible situation on day one.

I'm more than content in letting this play out for the rest of the season. You want to end it right now? Sure, I was wrong.

I expected Geno to walk in from day one and be a top-10 starter in the league. I figured the Jets would make the playoffs last year, but due to Geno's futility, they sucked. I expected him to come out this year and light it up. I figured Jeremy Kerley would probably have 6-8 TD receptions at this point in the season. I thought Chris Johnson would rejuvenate his career and become a top-5 back. I figured an offense led by Marty would be functional (and not call timeouts when Geno is throwing game tying TD's.)

I was wrong. Cause I really believed all those things. Or, I figured it would take him a few years to get acclimated, but once doing so, he would become a top-10 QB in the league. Either or.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 23 2014, 10:43 AM) *
Again with your meandering redirecting...

We took a TACKLE at 4. You wanted geno at 4.

I wanted chance at 22 in a completely different draft.

Lazy, man. Lazy.

Now I'm pissed you ignored my fonzi bit. That shit was funny!

Oh. Geno phuqing smith sux nards. He'll be benched in 2-4 weeks.

What draft did you want Chance at 22?

At least get your lame ass story straight.

In response to this:
QUOTE (TGryn @ Apr 2 2013, 08:59 PM) *
At #4, I say go best player available, regardless of position.

You said this...
QUOTE (D Rock @ Apr 2 2013, 09:29 PM) *
Totally agreed. I been "pounding the table" for Warmack for over a month!!!

A fucking guard. At #4. I could be wrong about QB's all day and it would still be smarter than that.
HOUSEoPAIN
This is like watching Shemp and Curly Howard debate astrophysics.

*grabs popcorn*

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.