Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Man, Riley Cooper sucks
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
koolaidluke
Every receiver was getting separation and making plays today, except for that homo Cooper. Guy is a fucking piece of shit.

When they throw those screens to him they might as well just give up the down because nothing ever comes of them. He can't make anything happen in space because he is a slow piece of shit who, despite his size, runs with no power whatsoever.

As for the game, great win. All of the stars were aligned for Washington to win and pretty much everything went wrong for the Eagles but they still managed to gut out a tough win over a talented team that knew how to correctly play a Chip Kelly offense.

On to San Fran.
JaxEagle
When you make Cooper criticisms using the most extreme, vulgar and personal attacking language possible every single time then nobody takes that stuff seriously. It shows there is more to the comment than objective criticism. Totally transparent at this point. Of all the things there were to discuss about this game, you pick Cooper. He had a mediocre game. He needs to contribute more. It's also no higher than 30th on the list of things that need to improve.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Sep 21 2014, 08:42 PM) *
When you make Cooper criticisms using the most extreme, vulgar and personal attacking language possible every single time then nobody takes that stuff seriously.

To be fair, anyone who takes anything this idiot says seriously has issues.
mcnabbulous
You guys do get hyperbole, right? Not even after all these years?
Wheeljack
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 21 2014, 08:25 PM) *
Every receiver was getting separation and making plays today, except for that homo Cooper. Guy is a fucking piece of shit.

When they throw those screens to him they might as well just give up the down because nothing ever comes of them. He can't make anything happen in space because he is a slow piece of shit who, despite his size, runs with no power whatsoever.

As for the game, great win. All of the stars were aligned for Washington to win and pretty much everything went wrong for the Eagles but they still managed to gut out a tough win over a talented team that knew how to correctly play a Chip Kelly offense.

On to San Fran.

Cooper does suck major ass. He did have one good catch today, thankfully.
md717
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 21 2014, 09:02 PM) *
Hyperbole doesn't excuse the slur toward the alternative sexualities.
Eyrie
QUOTE (md717 @ Sep 22 2014, 05:09 AM) *
Hyperbole doesn't excuse the slur toward the alternative sexualities.

Are you suggesting that koolaidluke has certain issues that he needs to be honest with himself about? wink.gif
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 21 2014, 09:02 PM) *

Most overated receiver of all time.
Birdman420
Taking it down a notch, Cooper isn't looking good at all so far and it does open the option for mathews to step up.
D Rock
To be fair, all our WRs looked like crap for the first 2 weeks. Cooper had plenty of company.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Sep 22 2014, 04:45 PM) *
Taking it down a notch, Cooper isn't looking good at all so far and it does open the option for mathews to step up.

let's hope. I think he's more of an "Avant" than a Jackson replacement. but an "Avant" always has a place on the Eagles.

Cooper had a mask on his face and a gun in his hand when he signed the last contract, lol.
make_it_rain
Bumping this to revive the weekly "How much did Riley Cooper suck this week?" discussion.

The answer, for this week (and in general) is quite a bit. Had his weekly drop in the endzone (for what would have been an epic go ahead, potentially game winning TD), a fumble that may have left points on the field, and a penalty negating a nice matthews gain on the screen (although the penalty was fairly ticky tack).

Still bringing up the rear out of ALL graded receivers in the NFL. 110/110. And we gave this stiff a nice deal in the offseason? unsure.gif

I'd say move Matthews to WR2 and put someone like Huff in the slot but I'm not sure how good of an idea that is given that Matthews has exclusively practiced in the slot all season and Huff has still yet to play. Still, any option at this point would likely be an upgrade.

Maybe we can pick up Momah from Cleveland?
mcnabbulous
Cooper sucks, but the fumble was a non-issue. He was desperately trying to get out of bounds and likely wasn't going to do so. It really was a non-factor. The clock would have expired otherwise.
CT_Eagle
Cooper collected 6 passes yesterday for a total of 54 yards. Sadly that is probably his best day of the year, minus the fumble. Those numbers are poor for a #3 WR and abysmal for a #2.

I was hoping that Cooper would develop into a solid #3 and fill Avant's previous role. I just don't see it happening. Maybe I am wrong but every week that goes by I lose more hope. This is going to turn out to be a bad signing by the Eagles.
Wheeljack
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 29 2014, 11:58 AM) *
Cooper collected 6 passes yesterday for a total of 54 yards. Sadly that is probably his best day of the year, minus the fumble. Those numbers are poor for a #3 WR and abysmal for a #2.

I was hoping that Cooper would develop into a solid #3 and fill Avant's previous role. I just don't see it happening. Maybe I am wrong but every week that goes by I lose more hope. This is going to turn out to be a bad signing by the Eagles.

At this point, I'd rather see T.O. back in an Eagle uniform. Even with his drops, he would still be better than that BUM. Or they could have kept Avant for what Cooper provides.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 29 2014, 10:25 AM) *
I'd say move Matthews to WR2 and put someone like Huff in the slot but I'm not sure how good of an idea that is given that Matthews has exclusively practiced in the slot all season and Huff has still yet to play. Still, any option at this point would likely be an upgrade.

I'd bump Matthews up, Cooper would be better in the slot anyway - or at least not as bad as he is now.
CT_Eagle
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 29 2014, 02:25 PM) *

This is just conjecture on my part but it could be that Chip is training Mathews in the slot this year and will move him outside next year. That would open the slot for Huff. The #1 would be Maclin or if Maclin walks, the #1 will be filled by a draft pick or FA signing.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Oct 1 2014, 04:59 PM) *
This is just conjecture on my part but it could be that Chip is training Mathews in the slot this year and will move him outside next year. That would open the slot for Huff. The #1 would be Maclin or if Maclin walks, the #1 will be filled by a draft pick or FA signing.

I think this is the long-term strategy. I think I read that it's pretty expensive for us to just cut Cooper after this year. So this plan might be in two years, not next year.
Eyrie
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Oct 1 2014, 11:07 PM) *
I think this is the long-term strategy. I think I read that it's pretty expensive for us to just cut Cooper after this year. So this plan might be in two years, not next year.

Given that Cooper has only just signed a long deal I'd agree with your thinking that he's too expensive to cut. But if his production doesn't improve then we may need to bite the bullet.
Birdman420
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Sep 24 2014, 01:36 PM) *
let's hope. I think he's more of an "Avant" than a Jackson replacement. but an "Avant" always has a place on the Eagles.

Cooper had a mask on his face and a gun in his hand when he signed the last contract, lol.

I couldn't agree more, It's starting to look like a crime for signing cooper to that much cash. Of coarse he isn't going anywhere and has plenty of time to prove us all wrong but....I don't know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.