Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Would Applaud DJax if I were there
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Not a standing ovation, but a solid applause.

I know he has issues and he never was a favorite, but he had some huge plays over the years.

We're finding out that many players have issues.

I am not boo shy, but I wouldn't boo him.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 20 2014, 02:25 PM) *

I know he has issues and he never was a favorite, but he had some huge plays over the years.

He should get lukewarm applause when announced.

Of course, when he high-steps into the end zone and throws the football into the crowd after a 60 yard bomb, I would expect Scott Rolen-esque booing. No doubt they'll try more than a few of those.
SAM I Am
I don't know if heard any applause prior to the game, but all he heard once it started were boos.
SAM I Am
but he had some huge plays over the years.
He also, in my opinion, took a year off that was detrimental to the team.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 20 2014, 01:25 PM) *

So did TO......as a previous post stated, he dogged it for a year to protest his contract....unacceptable......and he is a dick....

Boo all day long....the guy, while a talented WR, is good riddance.....

Birdwatcher
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 21 2014, 02:41 PM) *
So did TO......as a previous post stated, he dogged it for a year to protest his contract....unacceptable......and he is a dick....

After he skulked off to the locker room while the clock was running out, any shred of respect I had for him vanished. He is a punk who can't face the music when it isn't playing his tune. If they had won he would have been chest pumping on the field, but with the L he vanishes, kind of like he does in the 4th qtr in most games.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 21 2014, 01:41 PM) *

The guy took some major hits while here. Career ending caliber hits. He justifiably wanted to get paid.

He's a bonehead but he's fun as hell to watch. Still wish he was our bonehead, but whatever.
rumply
Wheeljack

I agree. Boo him on the TD and on every catch.

But at the beginning, I would have been respectful. ESPECIALLY since he got cut on some total BS.
D Rock
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (rumply @ Sep 21 2014, 09:45 PM) *

laugh.gif

You win the internet!
JaxEagle
QUOTE (Wheeljack @ Sep 21 2014, 10:10 PM) *
ESPECIALLY since he got cut on some total BS.

Hey, DeSean. Scoreboard.

Apparently Washington Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson did not realize his team lost to the Philadelphia Eagles yesterday.

Jackson posted the following post on his official Instagram page on Monday night:

Depicted is Jackson's 81-yard touchdown reception he had against the Eagles. I am sure it was a great play for Jackson. It was his moment of revenge against a team that unceremoniously dumped him earlier in the offseason. It is no surprise he wants to cherish it.

But this post really shows he just doesn't get it. He's posting this picture just a day after his team lost. Yeah, Jackson scored, he taunted Eagles players and fans, and he got his 'revenge' on this play. It was good for him. But so what? In the end, what did it really matter? Check the scoreboard, DeSean. Washington lost the game!

Celebrating this play just makes him look like he cares more about personal achievements than actually winning. He doesn't seem to be too upset about the loss as he is happy about his touchdown.

Speaking of, look at this tweet from fellow Bleeding Green Nation writer Dan Klausner shortly following Sunday's game:

Text from friend: A guy I know is buddies w/ DeSean. Desean said "all I want Sunday is 100 and a touchdown." Didn't give a shit if they won.
Dan Klausner (@dklausner) September 21, 2014

Certainly matches up, doesn't it?

And people still wonder why Chip Kelly didn't want this guy around.
Zero
I'm not happy to lose that talent and speed but I'm delighted to lose that attitude.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.