Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cooper is currently PFF's overall lowest graded wide receiver in the entire league
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
111th out of 111 receivers.
CT_Eagle
The only thing surprising about this is that there are only 111 receivers in the whole league. That works out to 3.4 receivers per team. Seems a little low to me.
xsv
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 17 2014, 12:02 PM) *
The only thing surprising about this is that there are only 111 receivers in the whole league. That works out to 3.4 receivers per team. Seems a little low to me.

They're probably only tracking the starters, or top 3 from each team.

Still, that's pretty bad if he's the worst rated receiver out of the top 3 from every team in the league.
koolaidluke
It only tracks those who have played at least 25% of offensive snaps.

Riley Cooper is terrible. Just a mediocre number 2 receiver.
xsv
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 17 2014, 01:16 PM) *
It only tracks those who have played at least 25% of offensive snaps.

Riley Cooper is terrible. Just a mediocre number 2 receiver.

If he was a mediocre number 2 receiver, I wouldn't be complaining. Right now, he's a terrible number 2 receiver. Worst in the league.
make_it_rain
But he's a steal at 5M a season!

</sarcasm>
xsv
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 17 2014, 01:25 PM) *
But he's a steal at 5M a season!

</sarcasm>

Worst #2 receiver of all time!

biggrin.gif
JeeQ
Cooper fed off of defenses focusing in on Jackson last year... there's not a single defense that's scared of Maclin so Cooper actually has to make plays on his own this year and well... you see the results

Nick Foles has connected with receivers Jeremy Maclin,Riley Cooper, Jordan Matthews on just 16 of 41 pass targets. Everyone else 32 of 41...

Our WR core is trash and had no reason to be...
xsv
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 17 2014, 02:42 PM) *
Cooper fed off of defenses focusing in on Jackson last year... there's not a single defense that's scared of Maclin so Cooper actually has to make plays on his own this year and well... you see the results

Nick Foles has connected with receivers Jeremy Maclin,Riley Cooper, Jordan Matthews on just 16 of 41 pass targets. Everyone else 32 of 41...

How in the heck did we connect with 48 players on 41 attempts?
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 17 2014, 02:42 PM) *

You mean the results that have us at 2-0 and #1 in the league on offense? or the one that has Maclin with 142 receiving yards vs DJackson @ 81 yards?

I'll take the "trash" while our QB works out what is ailing him.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 17 2014, 02:05 PM) *
You mean the results that have us at 2-0 and #1 in the league on offense? or the one that has Maclin with 142 receiving yards vs DJackson @ 81 yards?

I'll take the "trash" while our QB works out what is ailing him.

Touting #1 in the league after two games is just like the Redskins having the #1 defense after two games... meaningless

Thank goodness our current leading receiver and leading rusher Sproles made the team this year or we'd be looking at 0-2. He's willed us to victory twice now

Also I think Foles is doing fine considering what he's working with... 32 of 41 when passing to anyone else is an incredible stat... 16 of 41 to our WRs is abysmal no matter how you want to slice it... trash is trash
Phits
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 17 2014, 06:13 PM) *
Touting #1 in the league after two games is just like the Redskins having the #1 defense after two games... meaningless
You must have missed the 2-0 record. I suppose that is meaningless as well?

Thank goodness our current leading receiver and leading rusher Sproles made the team this year or we'd be looking at 0-2. He's willed us to victory twice now
That's what stars do.

Also I think Foles is doing fine considering what he's working with... 32 of 41 when passing to anyone else is an incredible stat... 16 of 41 to our WRs is abysmal no matter how you want to slice it... trash is trash

That tells me the QB needs to work on his accuracy. The rest of his stat line is quite similar to what it was last season.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 17 2014, 01:42 PM) *

I don't think Cooper is a top 20 WR but he played very little in the preseason so it is no surprise his timing is off...he started slow last year as well....

Beyond that it is fantasy to say that Jackson did anything for Cooper because Cooper still has single coverage.

The only one who changes coverage is McCoy...he brings the safeties up.

He is the reason that Jackson had big games. That is why Jackson has 9 yards per catch right now...a real beast......
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 17 2014, 06:47 PM) *
That is why Jackson has 9 yards per catch right now...a real beast......

You also said Eddie Royal was better than Desean because he had a better rookie year. You might want to slow your roll after 2 games here.

He averaged 17.2 yards per catch during his time in Philly. The guy is a bozo, but he's a hell of a wide receiver.
nephillymike
Ouch.

That is horrible.

Hopefully somebody showed him that.

I expected Cooper to be an average to above average #2 WR. he would need to get up to #48 in your rankings to get there. Please keep us updated about how Cooper fares on PFF during the year.

Do they rank other positions? How are our CB's ranked?
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 17 2014, 09:27 PM) *
Ouch.

Do they rank other positions? How are our CB's ranked?

Boykin is #31 overall at +1.1
Fletcher is #44 but still graded positively overall at +.4
Williams is #66 at -1.4

Not that it means much since we're only two games in, and since PFF grades play by play its obviously a bit subjective and shouldnt be taken as gospel. Still interesting to read though.

Jenkins is #8 so far for Safeties, at +2.6 , and even Nate Allen has graded postively so far at +0.6 (#30). Both are ahead of your boy Byrd man mike cool.gif, who has had a bit of a rough start in NO, along with the rest of the defense.

Still, its just two games in. Will be interesting to follow along through the year.
nephillymike
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Sep 17 2014, 09:42 PM) *
Boykin is #31 overall at +1.1
Fletcher is #44 but still graded positively overall at +.4
Williams is #66 at -1.4

Not that it means much since we're only two games in, and since PFF grades play by play its obviously a bit subjective and shouldnt be taken as gospel. Still interesting to read though.

Jenkins is #8 so far for Safeties, at +2.6 , and even Nate Allen has graded postively so far at +0.6 (#30). Both are ahead of your boy Byrd man mike cool.gif, who has had a bit of a rough start in NO, along with the rest of the defense.

Still, its just two games in. Will be interesting to follow along through the year.

So Sconces still hasn't cracked the starting 64 yet.

No surprise there.

Thanks for the info.

If you have it, where do they rank Foles? He's 19th in passer rating FWIW.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 17 2014, 10:49 PM) *
If you have it, where do they rank Foles? He's 19th in passer rating FWIW.

Dead freaking last. -6.9 Overall. Him, Romo, and Chad Henne are bringing up the rear.

Granted, the vast majority of the overall grade is skewed by his abysmal performance against Jacksonville (-6.4), which is one reason why its important not to read too much into things after two games, since one stinker can dramatically weight the overall grade.

He showed improvement against IND (-0.5), which is encouraging but still shows room for improvement.
JeeQ
We'll have to agree to disagree but Self-Tacklin Maclin, Riley Racist KKKooper, and Jordan Butterfingers Matthews haven't been doing Foles any favors thus far this season..

Can they get their timing together and right the ship? I certainly think so... but there's no denying they've played like garbage this far...

Meanwhile I love the revisionist history against DeSean since he was unceremoniously removed from the Eagles. How quickly we forget he was a 1000+ yard WR, and led all Eagles receivers for the last six seasons. If he was still in Eagles green you'd be calling him our #1 WR without a hint of hesitation.
Reality Fan
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 17 2014, 07:33 PM) *
You also said Eddie Royal was better than Desean because he had a better rookie year. You might want to slow your roll after 2 games here.

He averaged 17.2 yards per catch during his time in Philly. The guy is a bozo, but he's a hell of a wide receiver.

uh...no...

but the fact of the matter is that Jackson benefited from McCoy much more than Cooper benefited from Jackson.

Nice of you to ignore that in you quest of idiocy...

But thanks for coming....always a joy to read your stuff...
CT_Eagle
The scariest thing about our WR situation right now is that it reminds me of the Andy Reid days with one exception. Chip is not using a pass heavy attack with a sub par WR corp.
Zero
They don't have Jerry Rice, Larry Fitzgerald, A J Green, or Calvin Johnson but this unit is miles ahead of the guys Andy put on the field for a while. Didn't we see a bunch of open receivers in both games?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 18 2014, 08:48 AM) *
The scariest thing about our WR situation right now is that it reminds me of the Andy Reid days with one exception. Chip is not using a pass heavy attack with a sub par WR corp.

I'd put Maclin above anyone who got here before TO, but not by much. But yeah it reminds me of the days when our best target was a tight end.
Phits

Foles needs to get his mojo back.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (Reality Fan @ Sep 18 2014, 12:15 AM) *
uh...no...

uh...no...what?

but the fact of the matter is that Jackson benefited from McCoy much more than Cooper benefited from Jackson.

Nice of you to ignore that in you quest of idiocy...

But thanks for coming....always a joy to read your stuff...

I believe that is what one calls an opinion. McCoy has proven to be great. Desean is pretty damn good. Cooper is just a guy.
JeeQ
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 18 2014, 07:33 AM) *
I'd put Maclin above anyone who got here before TO, but not by much. But yeah it reminds me of the days when our best target was a tight end.

Flashes of Chad Lewis and LJ Smith just went through my memory banks... my day is ruined now

QUOTE (CT_Eagle @ Sep 18 2014, 05:48 AM) *

Chip has always been run-heavy even at Oregon... he's like the anti-Reid
JaxEagle
Cooper haters rejoice
Wheeljack
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 17 2014, 11:47 AM) *
111th out of 111 receivers.

he's a fucking bum. the Eagles kept the wrong one.
Wheeljack

that's kind of true...

but Ertz, Maclin and (sometimes) Celek are better options than anyone Andy had pre-T.O. Two of them are TEs, though. Dunno what Jordan Matthews is gonna be yet.

I think Chad Lewis was the best out of that lot back in those pre-T.O. days.

and thankfully, Chip isn't trying to pass, pass, pass with the QB and RBs the Eagles have. Still felt Westbrook, for all his strengths, was wasted in a way.
koolaidluke
I hate the guy but he already got his money so the Eagles might as well get something out of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.