Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Article 15: Horse-Collar Tackle:
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
Article 15: Horse-Collar Tackle:
No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

Guess all the TV guys and the ex-refs called in for additional analysis are all wrong. I thought I remembered them making this change a few years ago.
D Rock
Also, that no call they were crying about on Jenkins int was a good no call. That receiver was going down on his own accord. He was looking for contact to push off of and boykins deftly avoided it. He got hands on, but in no way did he pull the receiver to the ground.

So too, by my eyes there were at least a half dozen offensive holding calls on the interior of our d line that never got flagged.

HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 16 2014, 09:54 AM) *
Article 15: Horse-Collar Tackle:
No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads or jersey, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket.

Guess all the TV guys and the ex-refs called in for additional analysis are all wrong. I thought I remembered them making this change a few years ago.

If it went the other way we'd be screaming our asses off at what a garbage call and how pussy the game has become. Bounces and calls go both ways, so anyone from Indy complaining can fuck off, but let's be honest here.
xsv
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 16 2014, 12:19 PM) *
If it went the other way we'd be screaming our asses off at what a garbage call and how pussy the game has become. Bounces and calls go both ways, so anyone from Indy complaining can fuck off, but let's be honest here.

It did happen to us... last week.

But the main point was, the way the rule is written, by the book, that was a horse collar tackle, and was rightfully called one.

I don't care who doesn't like it, the rule is pretty specific.
Eyrie
Thought it was a good call against us last week and for us this week.

Not sure about the Boykin incident as I didn't notice anything when watching on "condensed" mode this evening. Condensed means I only get to see each play once unless it's a TD or I replay it, and the game only takes half an hour to watch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.