Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sproles was amazing again, but
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
xsv
... the defense.

The defense really gets a ton of criticism around here, and they DID give up 27 poibnts. But honestly, they are the main reason we won this game. 2 crucial turnovers, and an absolutely HUGE 3 and out deep in Indy territory to put us in position to have a chance at it.

They might have been slow to adjust to that counter running play, but they sure came up big when it mattered most.
D Rock
Honestly, the goat of the d was Kendricks. He was blindly hitting the b gaps and getting caught in the muck on all of those plays. He was the guy missing in more of those than any other. Any news on his injury?
PhrankieG
QUOTE (D Rock @ Sep 16 2014, 11:19 AM) *
Honestly, the goat of the d was Kendricks. He was blindly hitting the b gaps and getting caught in the muck on all of those plays. He was the guy missing in more of those than any other. Any news on his injury?

I have to admit, I wasn't dialed in on Kendricks last night... The beer didn't help. However I did notice that after he left the game Casey Matthews got picked on quite a bit. Hopefully Kendrick's can get back on the field soon and iron out his pass rushing if it really was suspect last night. Good to go into Indy against a quality team and leave with a W.

I'll admit though, Kirk Cousins kinda scares me. I don't know why. Could be irrational. Even if he stabilizes that offense we should be able to handle their D.
Phits
QUOTE (PhrankieG @ Sep 16 2014, 11:38 AM) *
I have to admit, I wasn't dialed in on Kendricks last night... The beer didn't help. However I did notice that after he left the game Casey Matthews got picked on quite a bit. Hopefully Kendrick's can get back on the field soon and iron out his pass rushing if it really was suspect last night. Good to go into Indy against a quality team and leave with a W.

I'll admit though, Kirk Cousins kinda scares me. I don't know why. Could be irrational. Even if he stabilizes that offense we should be able to handle their D.

We're not good enough (yet) to take anybody for granted.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 16 2014, 07:49 AM) *
... the defense.

The defense really gets a ton of criticism around here, and they DID give up 27 poibnts. But honestly, they are the main reason we won this game. 2 crucial turnovers, and an absolutely HUGE 3 and out deep in Indy territory to put us in position to have a chance at it.

They might have been slow to adjust to that counter running play, but they sure came up big when it mattered most.

Well the MAIN reason we won the game was putting up 30 to make up for the defense giving up 27 - but yeah, they stepped up when it counted. Good for Parkey getting his first game winner on MNF, after that ice-the-kicker bullshit that I can't stand.

Ertz and Sproles have been giving defenses fits so far. Great win.
JeeQ
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 16 2014, 09:17 AM) *
Well the MAIN reason we won the game was putting up 30 to make up for the defense giving up 27 - but yeah, they stepped up when it counted. Good for Parkey getting his first game winner on MNF, after that ice-the-kicker bullshit that I can't stand.

Ertz and Sproles have been giving defenses fits so far. Great win.

Icing the kicker is a joke and shouldn't be allowed... coaches are basically telling referees to call the timeout as soon as the kicker starts moving towards the ball
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 16 2014, 01:37 PM) *
coaches are basically telling referees to call the timeout as soon as the kicker starts moving towards the ball

I thought they looked at the kicker's head movement, but who cares - problem is, how do you ban such a practice? All they're doing is calling timeout before the ball is snapped.

Traditional 'icing' I agree with, letting a kicker stand out there in the cold and think about a crucial field goal for a few more seconds before the attempt. But this shit now is beyond annoying - we can thank dipshit Mike Shanahan and even bigger dipshit Sebastian Janikowski for introducing modern icing to us - only in 2007. Sometimes it feels like that's been going on for much longer. And because it happened successfully once, everyone else has been doing it. To the best of my knowledge AR only tried it once, and it almost cost us a game against the Giants.

These are pro kickers, and new-age icing basically gives them a free shot to see where their kicks are going to go. So if they miss, they can adjust. If they make it, they can repeat the same approach. I hate the practice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.