Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Called it
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
koolaidluke
Now I'm calling next week's upset loss at home to the Redskins.
SpudDogg
the hell is wrong with you?
Dreagon
Interesting call. Washington is going to be dangerous next game, what with their back being up against a wall after losing RG3 again. That being said, the Texans proved their offensive line has real problems, and Cousins is not near as mobile as Griffin was. If you guys can get after Cousins, I think y'all win. Honestly, I would almost rather yall did because I think Washington could get real dangerous with a divisional win to build some confidence on.
koolaidluke
The Eagles are the much better team but the stars are all aligned for an Eagles loss:

1. Eagles are coming off an emotionally and physically draining Monday night win

2. The screen game that the Eagles leaned on to beat the Colts won't be there against the Redskins

3. The redskins have a good pass rush and Foles' game is dependent on having lots of time to throw

4. The skins are capable of challenging the Eagles secondary with downfield passing

5. The Eagles players will be overconfident. All week long we'll hear about "trap game" and how the Eagles aren't overlooking the Redskins, but human nature is what it is.

The Colts were playing at home, caught some breaks and had a hell of a game plan, but they just weren't good enough to beat the Eagles. The Redskins aren't as good of a team but they match up better. Especially this week.
Birdman420
I must have been drinking the koolaid when I predicted this game to be a loss, I'm going to have to man up and stand behind my prediction even if it lumps me in with luke.
Dreagon
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Sep 16 2014, 09:51 AM) *
I must have been drinking the koolaid when I predicted this game to be a loss, I'm going to have to man up and stand behind my prediction even if it lumps me in with luke.

But didn't you make that prediction before RGIII went down?
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Birdman420 @ Sep 16 2014, 10:51 AM) *

Most people had us 4-2 in the division, dropping one to the skins, I figured this would be one. However, as mentioned, that was based off RGIII bombing it to DJax all night. Cousins looked very good though.
Birdman420
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 16 2014, 11:05 AM) *
But didn't you make that prediction before RGIII went down?

True, I guess I get some slack for that! luke is unfortunately....on a roll
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 15 2014, 11:59 PM) *
Now I'm calling next week's upset loss at home to the Redskins.

Swing and miss!

After three weeks I have seen every reason we would lose the game in past years, yet...

3-0 baby!!!

I wouldn't be surprised with a win in SF next week...with this team anything can happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.