Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RGKnee Might Be Done For The Season...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
But I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing... Cousins actually looks much better than him at this point
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 14 2014, 02:41 PM) *
But I can't decide if that's a good or bad thing... Cousins actually looks much better than him at this point

DJax down too - honestly, sometimes I almost feel sorry for Redskins fans. Almost.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Sep 14 2014, 02:44 PM) *
DJax down too - honestly, sometimes I almost feel sorry for Redskins fans. Almost.

I don't feel sorry for any of the teams in our division. All three of them have on more than one occasion won a SB.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 14 2014, 03:10 PM) *
I don't feel sorry for any of the teams in our division. All three of them have on more than one occasion won a SB.

Yeah agreed - that's why I said 'almost.' Fuck Washington.
Dreagon
I'm beginning to suspect that the story of RGIII is "the quarterback who could have been."

I know a lot of his supporters say that if it weren't for the injuries, he would be great. And truthfully, there is a chance they could be right...although I personally think "good" would be more accurate. But, just like Sean Lee, when repeated injuries become the story of your career then they also have to be considered an element when assessing your game. At this point, if I was Washington's GM I would be assessing the QB's in the upcoming drafts. A franchise QB has to stay on the field, and taking that into account then I would have to start doubting whether RGIII will ever be a franchise QB.
nephillymike
Cousins gets them at least one more win this year than RG3, the pocket passer project QB.

From a selfish standpoint, that injury makes them a better team.

Gruden is committed to a pocket passer and he won't utilize RG3's skills like other coaches might.

I don't wish injury on anyone so I hope he comes back, especially given he already had a significant injury.
JeeQ
Two things...

The Jaguars are that bad (shame on us for that first half)...

Cousins is going to be a problem
D Rock
QUOTE (Dreagon @ Sep 14 2014, 09:02 PM) *
I'm beginning to suspect that the story of RGIII is "the quarterback who could have been."

I know a lot of his supporters say that if it weren't for the injuries, he would be great. And truthfully, there is a chance they could be right...although I personally think "good" would be more accurate. But, just like Sean Lee, when repeated injuries become the story of your career then they also have to be considered an element when assessing your game. At this point, if I was Washington's GM I would be assessing the QB's in the upcoming drafts. A franchise QB has to stay on the field, and taking that into account then I would have to start doubting whether RGIII will ever be a franchise QB.

I said it his rookie season . . .

Shananham ruined him. Should have never played him on that knee when you knew the rookie wasn't going to win it all that year. Knee blew and RGIII was over. Game. Set. Match.
JeeQ
Icing on the cake... Gruden said Cousins is better suited for their offense than RGKnee

"I feel like we can win any game with Kirk Cousins," Gruden said after Sunday's game. "Kirk is a special guy. He started four games last year and didn't have great success, but obviously has a skill set that I feel like is very much suited for what we do. He can handle it mentally, and obviously, physically. I feel that he can make every throw in the book and we are going to move forward with Kirk."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.