Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I'm at the Point where I've had enough
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
I don't need a league to be a police department.

I know well enough what kind of character there is among professional athletes and nothing really shocks me. Many of these guys are low life jerks with little regard for anyone else but themselves.

Now the AP situation with Minny. So he hits his four year old kid and goes over the top with it leaving marks. If the law says he did a crime and is convicted of such, WITH NO SPECIAL BREAKS NOR ADDITIONAL SENTENCE other than what you or I would get, then fine, handle it then.

People are naive to think that these are good guys. Grow up! Many of them are one tenth a second speed from being hardened criminals.

As far as AP goes, was it kid #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7? Was it Baby Mama # 1, 2, 3, or 4?

Cheer the team, admire the athletic abilities,but don't look too close, it will shock you.
Phits
I would agree with most of your statement if you changed the word "MANY" to "SOME". I don't see the correlation to being a "good guy" and the number of women who bore your children.

QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 13 2014, 01:34 PM) *
I don't need a league to be a police department.

I know well enough what kind of character there is among professional athletes and nothing really shocks me. Many of these guys are low life jerks with little regard for anyone else but themselves.

Now the AP situation with Minny. So he hits his four year old kid and goes over the top with it leaving marks. If the law says he did a crime and is convicted of such, WITH NO SPECIAL BREAKS NOR ADDITIONAL SENTENCE other than what you or I would get, then fine, handle it then.

People are naive to think that these are good guys. Grow up! Many of them are one tenth a second speed from being hardened criminals.

As far as AP goes, was it kid #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7? Was it Baby Mama # 1, 2, 3, or 4?

Cheer the team, admire the athletic abilities,but don't look too close, it will shock you.

nephillymike
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 13 2014, 07:00 PM) *
I would agree with most of your statement if you changed the word "MANY" to "SOME". I don't see the correlation to being a "good guy" and the number of women who bore your children.

A good guy is a responsible parent and being a responsible parent is about the most important thing you can do.

You have the best shot at being a good parent if you have two parents together raising their children.

You can't be a good parent to seven different kids from four different mothers.

Add to the mix that you live with one of the moms (I assume this to be the case), then the kid or kids you have with that mom you live with take priority while the five of six others you have with other people take a back seat.

It's hard enough with a divorce rate of 50% to make a go at it. And sure families can raise kids in two households, although it is more difficult than two parents of the same kids. To have the situation like AP's rampant in society is a harmful irresponsibility.

So much of the ills of our society stem from this irresponsibility. Society always phrases it as racial prejudice and looks at a certain race and says this race isn't doing as well as this race and they poke the racism hornets nest. What it really is is a two parent household/one parent household issue and that issue is color blind but then again, that wouldn't stir the juices the way a racism discussion would. What was the stat? Graduate high school, wait to have kids after you're married and stay married to the person you had kids with and stay out of jail and the chance of you being poor is less than 2%? Something like that. It would seem to be a recipe for a lot better than we're doing now.

Sorry, enough of my soap box.

Go Eagles!
Zero
Take a commitment seriously ... most don't these days.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Phits @ Sep 13 2014, 08:00 PM) *
I don't see the correlation to being a "good guy" and the number of women who bore your children.

Actually, there's a direct correlation. Remember Cromartie not being able to name all of his kids in an interview?
JeeQ
Greg Hardy is now deactivated for the season as well for beating the shit out of his wife and threatening to kill her...

He was angry because a Nelly song came on and his girl had fucked Nelly during a break laugh.gif
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 14 2014, 02:42 PM) *
Greg Hardy is now deactivated for the season as well for beating the shit out of his wife and threatening to kill her...

He was angry because a Nelly song came on and his girl had fucked Nelly during a break laugh.gif

IT'S GETTIN HOT IN HEEERRRREEE.....
D Rock
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 14 2014, 12:46 AM) *
A good guy is a responsible parent and being a responsible parent is about the most important thing you can do.

You have the best shot at being a good parent if you have two parents together raising their children.

Add to the mix that you live with one of the moms (I assume this to be the case), then the kid or kids you have with that mom you live with take priority while the five of six others you have with other people take a back seat.

It's hard enough with a divorce rate of 50% to make a go at it. And sure families can raise kids in two households, although it is more difficult than two parents of the same kids. To have the situation like AP's rampant in society is a harmful irresponsibility.

So much of the ills of our society stem from this irresponsibility. Society always phrases it as racial prejudice and looks at a certain race and says this race isn't doing as well as this race and they poke the racism hornets nest. What it really is is a two parent household/one parent household issue and that issue is color blind but then again, that wouldn't stir the juices the way a racism discussion would. What was the stat? Graduate high school, wait to have kids after you're married and stay married to the person you had kids with and stay out of jail and the chance of you being poor is less than 2%? Something like that. It would seem to be a recipe for a lot better than we're doing now.

Sorry, enough of my soap box.

Go Eagles!

The best thing a father can do for his child is to love that child's mother.
Phits
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 13 2014, 08:46 PM) *

That is a fallacy. How many bad parent's do you know? Are they bad people? Are parent's that divorce, remarry and have other children, bad people? Good parenting is a skill that not everybody is equipped to handle. Being a good person is a possibility for everybody.

You mean a situation where a father displays enough responsibility to discipline his child? Do you recognize the difference between an absentee father (who chooses not to be part of the kid's life) and a father who does not have custody of their child?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.