Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who woulda thunk it
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
SAM I Am
Only about 32 hours ago we looked like shit and were down 17 - 0, and now we are in sole possession of first place after week one in the NFC Least!!!
xsv
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 8 2014, 10:03 PM) *
Only about 32 hours ago we looked like shit and were down 17 - 0, and now we are in sole possession of first place after week one in the NFC Least!!!

I'm sure at least one of the other teams in the east will get better as the season goes on, but wow, this division is terrible.
Phits
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 8 2014, 10:03 PM) *

Imagine how the Pats feel, they are sitting alone in last place in their division....hehehe
Dreagon
I can't say that I'm surprised by the outcome of those games. I was a little surprised about how a couple of teams got to those outcomes, but the final scores were mostly what I expected.

The only outcome that mildly surprised me was Washington losing to Houston. I expected the Houston defensive line to give them fits, but I figured in the end that RGIII>Fitzpatrick. RG3 is apparently still something of a work in progress.

I certainly expected you guys to defeat the Jags, but I didn't expect y'all to have to come from behind to do it.

I expected us to lose to San Francisco, but I figured it would be more because of pure awful defense. Our defense actually did better than I expected, especially considering the situation Romo kept putting them in. Romo is looking rusty as hell. And Garrett is still relying on the pass in short yardage even after Demarco Murray proved the 49er's couldn't stop him. Ugh.

I didn't get to watch the Giants game, but it sounds like they are exactly the same team we were seeing in preseason and last year.
koolaidluke
The Dallas D looked good because the 9ers offense is horrible and Kaepernick is a fraud. You have nothing to be encouraged about. Terrible performance by Dallas.

I still think all 3 of the "bad" NFC East teams will be better than they were last year.
Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 9 2014, 12:28 PM) *
The Dallas D looked good because the 9ers offense is horrible and Kaepernick is a fraud.

lol! I didn't say they looked good. Just not as awful as I feared. They are still the very definition of a no-name defense that has a lot to prove before any honest Cowboys fan can start to have confidence that they will at least slow the other team down.
koolaidluke
who's running the show on defense this year?
Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 9 2014, 03:48 PM) *
who's running the show on defense this year?

Allegedly it's Marinnelli...although we still have Kiffen as "assistant head coach" or something like that. I'm hoping he can improve the line play, but it still doesn't help that we're running a zone defense after stocking up on defensive backs whose strength was press coverage. Of course, allegedly Linehan is supposed to be doing our offensive play calling but when we got near the goal lines, the calls suddenly sure looked a lot like what Garrett did last year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.