Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decisions, decisions, decisions
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Eyrie
I have no problem with the horse collar penalty on Cox. If McCoy or Sproles had been on the receiving end I'd want a flag.

Liked Kelly's decision to go for it. We needed some momentum, and it paid off in spades when Sproles got more than just the first down.

The refusal to overturn the "incomplete" pass was bullshit. Even allowing that the original call should stand unless there is irrefutable evidence, how much more irrefutable is catching the ball, turning, taking a couple of steps and then having the ball knocked loose by the second man in?

Finally I think the Jaguars made the right decision to go for it and nearly got their reward if Lewis had made a relatively simple catch. I think their defence was struggling by that point which was why they had to try to keep the drive going rather than punt.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (Eyrie @ Sep 7 2014, 05:46 PM) *
I have no problem with the horse collar penalty on Cox. If McCoy or Sproles had been on the receiving end I'd want a flag.

Liked Kelly's decision to go for it. We needed some momentum, and it paid off in spades when Sproles got more than just the first down.

The refusal to overturn the "incomplete" pass was bullshit. Even allowing that the original call should stand unless there is irrefutable evidence, how much more irrefutable is catching the ball, turning, taking a couple of steps and then having the ball knocked loose by the second man in?

Finally I think the Jaguars made the right decision to go for it and nearly got their reward if Lewis had made a relatively simple catch. I think their defence was struggling by that point which was why they had to try to keep the drive going rather than punt.

I had a problem with the horse collar penalty because it wasn't a horse collar. He grabbed him by the jersey. Now if the ref thought he actually did horse collar him, I can live with that, but if he knew that he didn't but called it anyway because of the reaction by the ball carrier, that I have a problem with.

No problem here with Chipper going for it.

The refusal to reverse the call on the review was disgraceful. It was clearly a completion and a forced fumble.

I wouldn't have went for it that deep in their own end with about 6 minutes still on the clock. You miss it there, game over, and it was. I would have boomed it away and took my chances with my D getting me the ball back with plenty of time on the clock. Yeah, I know, they blew their timeouts, but still.
Zero
Agree with Sam. It wasn't a horse collar so it's not a penalty. Doesn't matter if the ref thought it was or not, it wasn't. Same with the reception. He caught the ball, took two steps and fumbled the ball. Poor calls.
JaxEagle
Bad call on horse collar. Incomplete or Catch and fumble was pretty close. Could go either way. In live action it looked incomplete to me but slow mo reply makes it look like a catch. Also, the Eagle defender made Henne alter his pass to lewis on 4th down and therefore it was high and a tough catch. Good defense, however I felt like Andy Reid had signaled that 4th down play call.
SAM I Am
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Sep 8 2014, 09:33 AM) *
Bad call on horse collar. Incomplete or Catch and fumble was pretty close. Could go either way. In live action it looked incomplete to me but slow mo reply makes it look like a catch. Also, the Eagle defender made Henne alter his pass to lewis on 4th down and therefore it was high and a tough catch. Good defense, however I felt like Andy Reid had signaled that 4th down play call.

Hey Jax, I forgot to ask you where your seat was? It wasn't a fun first 30 minutes down there, but you guys had to be pretty happy about the last 30 minutes!!!
JaxEagle
QUOTE (SAM I Am @ Sep 8 2014, 12:44 PM) *
Hey Jax, I forgot to ask you where your seat was? It wasn't a fun first 30 minutes down there, but you guys had to be pretty happy about the last 30 minutes!!!

We sat 20 rows up on the 20 yard line. Eagles side. End of the field where Maclin caught the long pass. He was open by 10 yards. Sometimes those can be tough catches!

We had a blast. We sat on the 4th row behind the Phils dugout last night. AWESOME!!! Phils hitting - not quite so much...

Xfinity was a blast too. If I lived close I'd go there without even going into the games, which I know is what lots and lots of people do. That place is printing money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.