Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Hate To Be The One To Say It....
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
But Michael Sam as a Dallas Cowboy... The jokes write themselves...

Starting with holding a press conference today to announce the signing of a 7th rounder to your practice squad
mcnabbulous
Did anyone else read Don Van Natta's profile of Jerry Jones?

The guy explicitly says that he wanted to draft Manziel just to keep the Cowboys relevant. Hopefully he'll be the Cowboys' GM forever. Sam deserved to make some team, but I wish it had been for football reasons and not publicity reasons.

On a side note, that article is long, but very much worth reading.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Sep 3 2014, 12:59 PM) *
But Michael Sam as a Dallas Cowboy... The jokes write themselves...

Starting with holding a press conference today to announce the signing of a 7th rounder to your practice squad

It's a shame really - I was looking forward to tuning into WWE Monday Night Raw for the first time in 12 years to see what they did with Sam.

I knew someone who met Jones at a bar in Dallas and had a few drinks with him, said he's a really cool and down to earth guy - pretty hard to believe considering how easy it is to hate his guts from afar, besides being associated with the Cowboys.
Dreagon
Jerry Jones is first and foremost a salesman. Sadly, frustratingly, and even hilariously in a dark way, every move he makes actually makes sense when viewed through that lens. Unfortunately, he can't settle for just being a great salesman...he wants to prove to the world he's a "football guy," and he will consign his team to endless purgatory in the pursuit of that goal. Jimmy Johnson is his white whale, and he cannot rest until he wins a championship with a team that Jimmy didn't build.
koolaidluke
He's not a bad drafter at all. He's just terrible at everything else.

Press conference for a practice squadder? Worst organization in the NFL. I would rather be a Browns or Redskins fan than a Cowboys fan.
Dreagon
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 3 2014, 03:33 PM) *
He's not a bad drafter at all. He's just terrible at everything else.

Press conference for a practice squadder? Worst organization in the NFL. I would rather be a Browns or Redskins fan than a Cowboys fan.

I'm not really willing to cut him too much slack for drafting either. Dez Bryant is reaching the end of his rookie contract and after four years he's the only member of that year's draft that will be suiting up for us. He uses the second round to "bargain shot" by taking guys who show first round talent but their injury history had them rated much lower. This has not worked out well either. Then there is his propensity to wheel and deal, and it seems like that doesn't end up well as often as it should either. (morris claiborne sure hasn't lived up to the billing)
On the brighter side, I think he's finally starting to listen to others...at least as far as the first round is concerned...hence our offensive line improvement. That seems to be when he drafts well, when he's avoiding the sexy pick.
nephillymike
Did he really have a press conference?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.