Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kinne back in the fold!
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Good move. I like him as a #3 QB!

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Sep 1 2014, 04:38 PM) *
Good move. I like him as a #3 QB!

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/

Good news.
JeeQ
He deserved to stay in Eagles green... surprised no one picked him up though
mcnabbulous
Serious question: when was the last guy on an Eagles practice squad to make a serious contribution to the team? I'm sure they're out there, but nothing jumps out at me.
CT_Eagle
You peaked my curiosity on this one so I hit up Google. Most of the results currently being returned right now are dealing with Michael Sam.

I did find a link that listed Tony Romo and Kurt Warner as former practice squad members that went on to have long NFL careers. Not Eagles obviously but does point to the fact that the practice squad does on occasion produce useful players.

que the posters who will note that Romo may not be useful.
HOUSEoPAIN
I did find a link that listed Tony Romo and Kurt Warner as former practice squad members that went on to have long NFL careers.

I tried looking too, but all I could find was updates on the St. Louis Sams. I thought Romo was always on the roster once picked up by Dallas, and Warner was simply cut from the Packers training camp. In any case, Warner has had an epic ride from college to now. It's a shame so much of his success was at our expense.

que the posters who will note that Romo may not be useful.

Romo blows.
xsv
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 2 2014, 02:43 PM) *
Serious question: when was the last guy on an Eagles practice squad to make a serious contribution to the team? I'm sure they're out there, but nothing jumps out at me.

I think that King Dunlap was on the practice squad for at least one season.
Pretty sure Chris Polk was on on the practice squad too.
Danny Amendola was on the Eagles practice squad, but was cut and didnt' really make a contribution here.

Those are the only 3 that I can think of off the top of my head.

xsv
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 2 2014, 04:10 PM) *
I think that King Dunlap was on the practice squad for at least one season.
Pretty sure Chris Polk was on on the practice squad too.
Danny Amendola was on the Eagles practice squad, but was cut and didnt' really make a contribution here.

Those are the only 3 that I can think of off the top of my head.

Nope, just looked up Polk and Dunalp. Both were on IR, not the PS.
xsv
QUOTE (xsv @ Sep 2 2014, 04:13 PM) *
Nope, just looked up Polk and Dunalp. Both were on IR, not the PS.

Jamal Jackson was a practice squad player, and went on to start for 3 years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.