Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Week 1 Power Rankings
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
koolaidluke
NFC:

Top Tier: Elite
1. Saints
2. Packers

Tier 2: Playoff Quality
3. Seagulls
4. Bears
5. Cardinals
6. Falcons
7. Eagles
8. 49ers

Tier 3: Mediocrity
9. Lions
10. Giants
11. Panthers
12. Cowboys

Tier 4: HOUSEoPAIN
13. Vikings
14. Redskins
15. Bucs
16. Rams

AFC:
Top Tier:
1. Patriots

Tier 2:
2. Chargers
3. Chiefs
4. Colts
5. Broncos
6. Bengals
7. Ravens
8. Steelers

Tier 3:
9. Jags
10. Dolphins
11. Jets

Tier 4:
12. Titans
13. Texans
14. Bills
15. Raiders
16. Browns

Eagles schedule:
vs Elite teams: 1 game
vs Tier 2 teams: 4 games
vs Tier 3 teams: 6 games
vs Tier 4 teams: 5 games

When you look at the schedule that way its hard to see the Eagles doing worse than 11-5. Even so I'll stick with my original 10-6 prediction.
Dreagon
That looks about right....although I fear the the Redskins might be ranked a tad low. They improved their roster in the offseason, and were showing some flashes of being dangerous in the preseason. On the other hand, RGIII appeared to have backslid a little so we shall see.
koolaidluke
They were a little Jekyll and Hyde last year as it is. They brought in a new coach, but then they kept Jim Haslett, the 2nd worst defensive coordinator in football (the worst is our old friend Sean McDermott but how much he sucks is being covered up by Rivera). They some talent but overall they a mess.

I'm fairly optimistic about Griffin. He really wasn't that bad last season coming off that brutal knee injury and all those tools are still there. He has been terrible this preseason but preseason means nothing so whatever.
Phits
The Packers haven't done enough in the off-season to qualify as an elite team.
nephillymike
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 1 2014, 02:19 PM) *
They were a little Jekyll and Hyde last year as it is. They brought in a new coach, but then they kept Jim Haslett, the 2nd worst defensive coordinator in football (the worst is our old friend Sean McDermott but how much he sucks is being covered up by Rivera). They some talent but overall they a mess.

I'm fairly optimistic about Griffin. He really wasn't that bad last season coming off that brutal knee injury and all those tools are still there. He has been terrible this preseason but preseason means nothing so whatever.

I have no confidence in Griffin's ability to be the drop back passer they're trying to make him into. That OL will make him more jittery than he is already. They will be calling for Cousins by week three, and based on RG III's issues with his teammates, they will not object to an early QB change.

Curious as to why you hate Polk so much. He showed promise last year I thought.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Sep 1 2014, 11:07 AM) *
NFC:

Top Tier: Elite
1. Saints
2. Packers

Tier 2: Playoff Quality
3. Seagulls
4. Bears
5. Cardinals
6. Falcons
7. Eagles
8. 49ers

Tier 3: Mediocrity
9. Lions
10. Giants
11. Panthers
12. Cowboys

Tier 4: HOUSEoPAIN
13. Vikings
14. Redskins
15. Bucs
16. Rams

AFC:
Top Tier:
1. Patriots

Tier 2:
2. Chargers
3. Chiefs
4. Colts
5. Broncos
6. Bengals
7. Ravens
8. Steelers

Tier 3:
9. Jags
10. Dolphins
11. Jets

Tier 4:
12. Titans
13. Texans
14. Bills
15. Raiders
16. Browns

Eagles schedule:
vs Elite teams: 1 game
vs Tier 2 teams: 4 games
vs Tier 3 teams: 6 games
vs Tier 4 teams: 5 games

When you look at the schedule that way its hard to see the Eagles doing worse than 11-5. Even so I'll stick with my original 10-6 prediction.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.