Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pretty interesting piece on 24/7
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Zero
Check it out, players views on what teammate will break out this year. It's just opinion, but it's interesting to read what players think of other players.

Linc ...
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (Zero @ Sep 1 2014, 10:27 AM) *
Check it out, players views on what teammate will break out this year. It's just opinion, but it's interesting to read what players think of other players.

Linc ...

Everyone seems to expect Ertz to have a breakout season, and be the recipient of a ton of targets. Totally agreed, I wanted to grab him up in my fantasy draft in one of the middle rounds but he got picked up early. Lots of eyes on him.
nephillymike
Saw something interesting in a 24/7 article yesterday.

Last year the Eagles had 3 WR sets 73% or so of the time, which was 3rd most often. However, they had 2 TE sets only 23% or so of the time, which was 25th. That surprised me. I would have thought the 2 TE sets were more frequent and the three WR sets were less. I'm sure with Ertz development and Jackson's departure, it will be closer to the norms.

I look at it this way. There are five OL and one QB, which leaves room for five skill players to be on the field. Simply put, who do you want on the field and what % of the time?

My preference:

McCoy 85%
Ertz 75%
Maclin 75%
Cooper 75%
Celek 60%
Sproles 60%
Matthews 60%
Polk 10%

That spread breakdown gets you five full time spots and approximates how I think we should break down our talent. From that it's tough to get 73% of three WR looks. This year, our talent it elsewhere and I think Chip will adjust accordingly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.