Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 19 cuts roster at 53
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/art...fe-1fe5501f09aa

Tucker and Barner too...keeping only 3 RBs?
make_it_rain
Looks like they also cut Tucker too. I don't agree with that at all.

So behind shady we have a 5'6 manlet in Sproles who can't go three downs and a walking injury in Polk. Awesome unsure.gif

It's cool though, Jeff Maehel is back for another season to contribute nothing at WR.
nephillymike

You missed a couple.

Here are all 22.

They cut Josey, Barner AND Tucker!!

WTF is up with that??

THey have McCoy, Sproles and an oft injured Polk.

And this isn't you Andy's Eagles. We RUN the ball.

Seems very foolish to me.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 30 2014, 02:00 PM) *

You missed a couple.

Here are all 22.

They cut Josey, Barner AND Tucker!!

WTF is up with that??

THey have McCoy, Sproles and an oft injured Polk.

And this isn't you Andy's Eagles. We RUN the ball.

Seems very foolish to me.

I'm thinking a couple end up on PS...Tucker and Josey
make_it_rain
I thought about it a bit more and I guess they're basically just gambling that at least one of Tucker, Josey, or Barner clear waivers, so they can get them on the practice squad and promote them if there's any injury at RB during the regular season.

Maehl is useless as a WR but supposedly is solid at ST so I'm guessing again that was what put him over the top and got him a spot.
nephillymike
I don't know how you guys feel, but I'm so sick of hearing about ST's!!

We better have the best fucking ST's ever with the guys we kept!!

75% of St's is the K, P and KR/PR.

Yet we seem to have an endless list of people whose main contribution is ST's:

Braman
Magaros
Matthews
Polk
B. Smith
Maehl
Huff
Goode

I would like to see a ST position chart to see exactly what these guys do on the 15% of the plays that are ST plays, of which 1/3 of them are touch backs of P or K or fair catches.

I would think it is not difficult to pluck a ST player off someone's PS but more difficult to find subs capable to fill in for starters who play 40% of the plays.

Cracks me up. and the most important ST position, K, they fell asleep at the wheel despite the obvious and picked up a guy who missed a 33 yd FG in the NCAA championship game to put our hopes on.

How the heck did Benn get hurt? Doing the Lincoln Financial leap? That smells fishy.

Shame on Long, but I don't remember him getting hurt during the game do you?
JeeQ
You already know how I feel about Josey but I was really surprised to see Tucker cut too while Polk remains on the roster. He didn't take a single snap this preseason while Tucker led the preseason in rushing TDs, and Josey had multiple 100+ yard games... we're now one Shady injury from having a below average run game rather than the best set of RBs in the league in McCoy, Sproles, Tucker, Josey.

I'm happy to see that Roc Carmichael, Henery, and Curtis Marsh have officially stopped stinking up our field.. but I'm surprised by the lack of depth at WR especially after cutting DeSean. Maclin is a walking injury and once he goes down we're left with Cooper, Matthews, and Maehl... yikes

Lack of depth at RB, lack of depth at WR, but apparently our Special Teams are going to be fucking incredible...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.