Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just heard they are keeping Parkey
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
Birdwatcher
Might keep Henery too... in season competition? We will need to make a cut after 4 weeks to bring Johnson back...
BirdsWinBaby
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 30 2014, 12:24 AM) *
Might keep Henery too... in season competition? We will need to make a cut after 4 weeks to bring Johnson back...

henery is out....i havent been following this too closely but did they really hate henery so much that a guy comes in makes a few kicks and BAM starter?

seems odd to hand him the job so quickly. maybe an impressive resume?
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Aug 30 2014, 01:57 PM) *
henery is out....i havent been following this too closely but did they really hate henery so much that a guy comes in makes a few kicks and BAM starter?

Henery's lack of leg likely the biggest issue...too few Tbs and poor on FGs over 45
koolaidluke
It was Henery's shitty kickoffs that killed him. He is an above average field goal kicker but is the worst in the league on kickoffs, so might as well go with the stronger leg.
make_it_rain
Parkey is playing with house money at this point. I don't think its possible for parkey to be so bad during the season that i think, "Man, I wish we had Alex Henery back"
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (BirdsWinBaby @ Aug 30 2014, 01:57 PM) *

Henery's career long field goal is 51, he's not exactly money from 40-49 and he can't kick the ball out of the end zone. At worst Parkey gives you whatever Henery did, plus the chance at a long field goal and a touchback every now and then - at best, he's a huge upgrade.
JeeQ
Best news I've read today
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.