Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roster Cuts trickling in
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
make_it_rain

Looks like Josey, Andrews, Kinne, and Pratt have already been cut. Most likely Momah as well sad.gif

"Sources" are saying TE Trey Burton will be a surprise member of the final 53. I think he looked great during preseason so I'm pleasantly surprised by this. Wonder if they cut Casey to make room for him.

I still think we should have kept GJ over Barkley. Barkley is a stiff.
Eyrie
If we need to find out this season whether Barkley can play in the NFL then we're likely to be up shit creek anyway.

The Burton rumour surprises me as he's more of a pass catcher than an all rounder. Could be that we keep all four TEs as Casey's versatility is important. Anyone know how Casey and Burton look on STs?
nephillymike
I heard Casey's cap # skyrockets to 4M next year and that Burton would replace him next year.
koolaidluke
what exactly did Kinne show you that would make you want to keep him?

Barkley seemed okay from what I saw of him. Nothing special but might be an okay backup.

I don't understand why the Eagles would cut Momah. The top three are Matthews, Cooper and Maclin but I thought Momah was the 4th best pretty clearly. He might have even been the 3rd best considering that he was able to get separation against starting NFL d-backs, something that Matthews has demonstrated no ability to do. The other receivers are all ass anyway.
make_it_rain
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 30 2014, 12:54 PM) *
what exactly did Kinne show you that would make you want to keep him?

Barkley seemed okay from what I saw of him. Nothing special but might be an okay backup.

I don't understand why the Eagles would cut Momah. The top three are Matthews, Cooper and Maclin but I thought Momah was the 4th best pretty clearly. He might have even been the 3rd best considering that he was able to get separation against starting NFL d-backs, something that Matthews has demonstrated no ability to do. The other receivers are all ass anyway.

Athleticism, mostly. If we get to the point where we're on QB3, chances are things are pretty dire by that point anyway, so I'd prefer to have a guy whose athleticism at least give Kelly more options in terms of playcalling/adjustments.
JeeQ
It's a shame about Josey and Tucker but I'm happy to see Burton made the roster
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.