Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chip's Favoritism Towards Duck Players Are a Fucking Problem
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
JeeQ
How the fuck do you cut Henry Josey you fucking moron... if all 9 Ducks end up making this team he really is a piece of shit
make_it_rain
I loved Josey too. I don't think he'll be out of work for long.

Early indications are that the walking injury Polk will make the 53 man, despite not having played a snap this preseason. Looks like when you get to #3 and 4 RB, special teams contributions really are the differentiator.

So that means we've got Shady, Sproles, Polk and either Tucker, Barner or both.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (JeeQ @ Aug 29 2014, 04:07 PM) *
How the fuck do you cut Henry Josey you fucking moron... if all 9 Ducks end up making this team he really is a piece of shit

What really bothers me is giving him 22 carries last night, he has a killer game, THEN you cut him. What more could he have done to earn the spot? If he never had a chance to make the 53 man roster, why give him 22 carries?

Ugh. And based on the current cuts, apparently they're still debating Henery/Parkey. wacko.gif
make_it_rain
QUOTE (HOUSEoPAIN @ Aug 29 2014, 04:45 PM) *
What really bothers me is giving him 22 carries last night, he has a killer game, THEN you cut him. What more could he have done to earn the spot? If he never had a chance to make the 53 man roster, why give him 22 carries?

Ugh. And based on the current cuts, apparently they're still debating Henery/Parkey. wacko.gif

I think some of that was by default though, since Both Tucker and Barner got hurt. The only active RBs left were Josey and Damaris Johnson
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 29 2014, 05:00 PM) *
I think some of that was by default though, since Both Tucker and Barner got hurt. The only active RBs left were Josey and Damaris Johnson

Me and my uncle discussed the possibility of Chip trolling the NFL and bringing in Shady for a couple goal line runs. devil03.gif
nephillymike
Barner over Josie?

If he was an early cut, why not try to trade him?

Another path for a Duck: Long out with ACL tear, Acho cut makes way for.........

Casey Matthew, Oregon.

He has never made a play, yet here he is going to be for another year.
Birdwatcher
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 29 2014, 11:33 PM) *
Barner over Josie?

If he was an early cut, why not try to trade him?

Another path for a Duck: Long out with ACL tear, Acho cut makes way for.........

Casey Matthew, Oregon.

He has never made a play, yet here he is going to be for another year.

Would have been cut if no injury to Long, and from what I have seen he has made some ST plays, which is the only part of the field he sees. Chip seems to like having 3rd stringers who can play ST, apparently Josie and Acho were not as versatile in that way compared to Mathews and Barner... I still think Josie clears waivers and ends up on our PS.
iggleslover49
He'll end up on the PS
koolaidluke
Why the fuck is Polk making the team? The dude is absolute scum. I would rather the Eagles carry 52 players than have a worthless piece of shit like Polk on the team.
koolaidluke
By the way, a football roster has 33 "starters":

Offense(15):
2 QB
2 RB
3 WR
2 TE
6 OL

(3-4)Defense(15):
5 DL
5 LB
3 CB
2 S

STs(3):
1 K
1 P
1 LS

To that number, add in a 3rd QB and 7 players who aren't activated on game day (those slots will be for developmental players) and you have 12 slots left.

It makes absolute sense that for those 12 remaining slots you go with the best special teams players, because they rarely will be doing anything else. So there is nothing wrong with guys like Matthews and Maehl making the team if they really are valuable STs contributors.

Birdwatcher
The Philadelphia Eagles announced their final cuts, and to the surprise of haterz everywhere, four of the nine Ducks on the roster got the axe:

Wade Keliikipi
Kenjon Barner
Josh Kaddu
Will Murphy

That leaves five ex-Oregon players, including draft picks Taylor Hart and Josh Huff, UDFA Brandon Bair (who had a great training camp), Jeff Maehl and Casey Matthews.

And word has it that they are looking at waiver wire for an ILB, so Mathews could still be gone soon.
Eyrie
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 30 2014, 07:17 PM) *
The Philadelphia Eagles announced their final cuts, and to the surprise of haterz everywhere, four of the nine Ducks on the roster got the axe:

Wade Keliikipi
Kenjon Barner
Josh Kaddu
Will Murphy

That leaves five ex-Oregon players, including draft picks Taylor Hart and Josh Huff, UDFA Brandon Bair (who had a great training camp), Jeff Maehl and Casey Matthews.

And word has it that they are looking at waiver wire for an ILB, so Mathews could still be gone soon.

Mathews only made it because Long is on IR, and I'd think the same applies to Maehl vs Benn.
JeeQ
QUOTE (Birdwatcher @ Aug 30 2014, 11:17 AM) *

Wade Keliikipi
Kenjon Barner
Josh Kaddu
Will Murphy

Make that 7 of 9 now wink.gif ... and you know Barner will be back too so I'm going to go ahead and pencil in 8 of 9 Ducks making the team
mcnabbulous
Ya'll get too hung up on the bottom of the roster.
Birdman420
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Sep 1 2014, 12:02 AM) *
Ya'll get too hung up on the bottom of the roster.

nephillymike
I heard that Howie came out and defended it the other day.

Overall, I am OK with it as I don't think there is anyone on the team that shouldn't be there.

Heard a guy on 97.5 yesterday that picking those familiar with the system allows them to contribute faster which is more of a win now philosophy. Less projection, less risk, but maybe less long-term reward as you pass on better athletes who may be able to fit the system in favor of mid level athletes who know the system (Maehl). Year one, the familiar will be able to contribute, while in year two, the better athlete may learn the system well enough to surpass the familiar.
nephillymike
I heard that Howie came out and defended it the other day.

Overall, I am OK with it as I don't think there is anyone on the team that shouldn't be there.

Heard a guy on 97.5 yesterday that picking those familiar with the system allows them to contribute faster which is more of a win now philosophy. Less projection, less risk, but maybe less long-term reward as you pass on better athletes who may be able to fit the system in favor of mid level athletes who know the system (Maehl). Year one, the familiar will be able to contribute, while in year two, the better athlete may learn the system well enough to surpass the familiar.
HobbEs
And the problem is? Oregon has been one of the best college programs in recent history. It's not like he's hoarding players from a small school or a losing program.

Just chill and enjoy the ride...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.