Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eagles-Jets
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
HOUSEoPAIN
Great time at the game. Solid play from our backups, the sidelines were buzzing the whole time, everyone seemed into it and excited. Gameplan was great, everyone knows Barkley is on the team so throw the ball up and let WR's on the bubble make plays, and feed the rock to your RB's trying to make a roster spot. Josey especially looked good, as did Johnson.

-Good for Parkey, drilled 54 and 53 yarders with plenty of room to spare, earning himself the job. At least he better have earned it.

-Marcus Smith is only on the final roster because of his draft position. He looked awful.

-I was shocked at the response Vick got. As anyone who watched knows, he was introduced before handing the ball off once, then was taken out of the game. When he was first introduced, there were a few scattered cheers, and a whole lot of booing. I heard a few people shouting 'asshole,' 'scumbag,' and 'murderer' - seriously? When he left the field there was more cheering overall, and a handful of people around the stadium standing up while doing so, still a lot of booing. Not sure how it sounded on tv, maybe it was the area I was in.

-I always used to take note of the jersey trends for fun when I went to more games. As expected, plenty of Westbrook, Dawkins, Jackson and McCoy. A few McNabb and Maclin, and the usual smattering of throwbacks for White and Cunningham. I even saw a Staley. And then there were a couple douchebags sporting Babin, Asomugha, and Bradley jerseys - good call guys. Oh, and at the very end of the game I saw a guy wearing #80, and spent a few minutes trying to figure out who the last noteworthy #80 was. When he turned around, I saw 'Thrash.' Wow.
nephillymike
On TV, we didn't hear any boos, but the applause didn't sound enthusiastic either. We thought that a lot of people weren't in their seats yet.
BirdsWinBaby
i couldnt hear much of either boos or cheers....in the closeup camera shots on Vick i saw people doing both as he left the field. at first i didnt even know what was happening because i never heard an announcement. i saw the visor so i figured it meant he was done.

maybe the eagles decided to tone down volume of the crowd reaction for that part of the broadcast in case of heavy booing? hard to tell...those Eagles preseason broadcasts are weird sometimes
koolaidluke
I feel like Marcus Smith has flashed. I definitely see some talent. We'll know next year.

I'm not gonna write him off like I've written off like I've written of Jordan Matthews. Jordan Matthews will never amount to anything.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (nephillymike @ Aug 29 2014, 06:14 AM) *
On TV, we didn't hear any boos, but the applause didn't sound enthusiastic either. We thought that a lot of people weren't in their seats yet.

People seemed to be caught off guard with his announcement and the one play - when he walked off there was more concentrated cheering. Definitely not enthusiastic though. I must've been in a rough section.
HOUSEoPAIN
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 29 2014, 09:25 AM) *
I feel like Marcus Smith has flashed. I definitely see some talent. We'll know next year.

He'll get some playing time this year, and if he doesn't step up and start to look like he knows what he's doing, there may not be a next year. I'm willing to give any rookie a chance, but he's had a bad preseason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.