Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Here's My Final 53
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
nephillymike
Subject to tweaking after next Thursday's game and the obligatory low draft pick to the IR move. Also has Lane Johnson not in 53 as he wil start out on drug list:

QB (3) - Foles, Sanchez, Barkley (not sure why they won't let Kinnie compete evenely with Barkley in games)
RB (4) - McCoy, Sproles, Turner, Polk (Polk was too good last year to cut him.)
WR (5) - Maclin, Cooper, Matthews, Huff, Benn, (weak after Huff. Smith may make it but he does nothing 4 me)
TE (3) - Celek, Ertz, Casey
OL (9) - Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Herremans, Barbre, Kelly, Molk, Tobin, Gardner

DL (7) - Cox, Logan, Thorton, Bair, Curry, B. Allen, Hart
OLB (5) - Barwin, Cole, M. Smith, Graham, Braman
ILB (4) - Ryans, Kendricks, Goode, T. Long (They're giving Long pt at ILB. That justifies his stay IMO)
CB (5) - C. Williams, Fletcher, Carroll, Boykin, Watkins
S (5) - Allen, Jenkins, Wolff, Maragos, Reynolds

ST (3) - Henery, Jones, Dorenbos

Last 5 to make it: Polk, Hart, Long, Reynolds, Gardner
Last 5 cuts: Acho, Momah, B. Smith, Maehl, Josey

Remember last year when we got Phillips for ST's? He got hurt and then did nothig this year.
Braman and Maragos are taking up spots for ST's. I assume they'll keep both.

I have 10 DB's as I don't believe they will cut Reynolds or Watkins being mid round picks. B. Allen and Hart have played too well to be cut.

In the "Bet the House on it Harry" department, either Reynolds, Watkins, Huff or Hart will go on the IR with a bogus injury. Apparently, Huff can go on some mini IR under the new rules so maybe it's him.

I have Oregon's Matthews and Maehl being cut which may not be likely.

I will take a look to see who is PS eligible under the new rules and try to pick 10 of the cuts for the PS.
nephillymike
The new practice squad rules:

The NFL and the NFL Players Association have agreed to expand NFL Practice Squads for the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Absent an extension of the agreement, the current rules will be reinstated beginning with the 2016 season.

Under the agreement, 2014 and 2015 Practice Squads will increase from the current maximum of eight players to 10 players.

In addition, the criteria for Practice Squad eligibility has been expanded in two respects.

First, a player must have a minimum of six games – up from the current three games – on a Practice Squad in order for that season to count as one of the player’s three permissible seasons of Practice Squad service.

Second, each club will be permitted to sign a maximum of two Practice Squad players who have earned no more than two accrued seasons of free agency credit. Absent this exception, a player who has earned one or more accrued seasons would not be eligible for a Practice Squad unless the player spent fewer than nine games on a club’s 46-player active list in each of his accrued seasons.

All other practice squad rules under Article 33 of the 2011 Collective Bargaining Agreement will remain in effect during the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

Thanks to Lawlor, here's the players on the Eagles who are eligible:

http://igglesblitz.com/practice-syndrome/
nephillymike
My Practice Squad:

Regular Eligibility (8):

RB - Josey
WR - Momah, Pratt
TE - Burton
OL - Graf, Andrews
LB - Acho
QB - Kinne

Special Eligibility (2):
RB - Barner
WR - D. Johnson

Since teams can sign players off of other teams' PS in waiver order, it may be of interest for teams to trade players prior to final roster cuts.

make_it_rain
I don't really disagree too much with the exception of Polk....even if he looked good last season he's useless if he's not healthy enough to see the field. He has a hamstring tear too, so even if he heals there's no guarantee how long he'll be able to play if it nags him again. I think unless Polk plays and plays well against the Jets he's out and one of either Tucker, Josey or Barner are in.

I like Polk, so its really more of his competition playing well than it is about him and his injury concerns. I think Tucker has the best shot to beat him out for a spot, but they all offer something different. Barner looked solid, Chip has familiarity with him, and can contribute on special teams. Josey looked like the most explosive (but was playing against second and third teamers).

They could keep five but I dont see them taking away from another roster spot to do that.

Arrelious Benn hasn't done much but he has been good on special teams, so I would agree thats probably enough to get him a spot, even though i have a soft spot for Momah cool.gif

Edit: Also, if they stash Huff on IR doesn't that mean he wouldn't take up a roster spot and we could keep another WR or player at another position?
nephillymike
QUOTE (make_it_rain @ Aug 25 2014, 09:18 AM) *
I don't really disagree too much with the exception of Polk....even if he looked good last season he's useless if he's not healthy enough to see the field. He has a hamstring tear too, so even if he heals there's no guarantee how long he'll be able to play if it nags him again. I think unless Polk plays and plays well against the Jets he's out and one of either Tucker, Josey or Barner are in.

I like Polk, so its really more of his competition playing well than it is about him and his injury concerns. I think Tucker has the best shot to beat him out for a spot, but they all offer something different. Barner looked solid, Chip has familiarity with him, and can contribute on special teams. Josey looked like the most explosive (but was playing against second and third teamers).

They could keep five but I dont see them taking away from another roster spot to do that.

Arrelious Benn hasn't done much but he has been good on special teams, so I would agree thats probably enough to get him a spot, even though i have a soft spot for Momah cool.gif

Edit: Also, if they stash Huff on IR doesn't that mean he wouldn't take up a roster spot and we could keep another WR or player at another position?

yes, it would free up a spot. i wouldn't want to do that because I think he can contribute this year. I think there is a short IR list now where they can come back in a few weeks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.