Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm a big Foles fan, but...
Eagles Forum > Philadelphia Eagles Message Board > Philadelphia Eagles or Football Related Discussion
PhrankieG
Boy would I like to see this kid run Chip's offense.

Notice that Huff is on the receiving end of the majority of his throws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxcKmymn35Y
HobbEs
Would anyone be surprised if it happens? With Chip you can always expect the unexpected...

On a side note, I had a strange thought the other day. What if Foles is our version of Drew Bledsoe? He was a very good QB for the Pats (with limited mobility) but ultimately it was Brady who got them over the top. I don't remember what they got from Buffalo for him but I imagine Foles would bring a pretty good return in a trade.

This is assuming we draft Mariotta...and he turns out to be the real deal.

mcnabbulous
Mariota is largely considered one of the top prospects in next year's draft. Unless we have a top-5, it doesn't seem like a possibility.

To answer the other question, Buffalo gave up a 1 for Bledsoe.
PhrankieG
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 20 2014, 09:36 AM) *
Mariota is largely considered one of the top prospects in next year's draft. Unless we have a top-5, it doesn't seem like a possibility.

To answer the other question, Buffalo gave up a 1 for Bledsoe.

Expecting the unexpected could mean trading Foles for another 1 (assuming he has another solid year) and parlaying picks into a high selection. Not saying I WANT this to happen. I just wouldn't be SHOCKED. I'm a fan of Mariota but don't want to set the team back a few years to get him, or give up a known talent for an unknown college player.

If Foles isn't the real deal this year....I'd expect the birds to package picks to acquire Mariota.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (PhrankieG @ Aug 20 2014, 09:30 AM) *
Expecting the unexpected could mean trading Foles for another 1 (assuming he has another solid year) and parlaying picks into a high selection. Not saying I WANT this to happen. I just wouldn't be SHOCKED. I'm a fan of Mariota but don't want to set the team back a few years to get him, or give up a known talent for an unknown college player.

If Foles isn't the real deal this year....I'd expect the birds to package picks to acquire Mariota.

I suppose if Foles has a really poor season, our draft position may be high enough to give us a shot at a top pick. I simply don't expect it to be the case.

Worst case, I wouldn't expect us to be less than an 8-8 team.
PhrankieG
QUOTE (mcnabbulous @ Aug 20 2014, 10:41 AM) *
I suppose if Foles has a really poor season, our draft position may be high enough to give us a shot at a top pick. I simply don't expect it to be the case.

Worst case, I wouldn't expect us to be less than an 8-8 team.

I agree with that. 8-8 or better sounds about right. That defense needs to gel a bit. They're my only worry...oh, and Alex Henry.

Just to piggy back off of that video... I know it is college, but Huff could be a nice spark plug type of player. Seems to have quickness and solid hands.
koolaidluke
Mariotta is a bum and will not succeed in the NFL. The guy does nothing as a passer, although I'll admit he has a good arm.
PhrankieG
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 20 2014, 02:04 PM) *
Mariotta is a bum and will not succeed in the NFL. The guy does nothing as a passer, although I'll admit he has a good arm.

Awesome argument.
koolaidluke
QUOTE (PhrankieG @ Aug 20 2014, 03:26 PM) *
Awesome argument.

Thanks
xsv
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 20 2014, 03:59 PM) *
Thanks

Absolutely the most overrated argument of all time. No question. biggrin.gif
JaxEagle
QUOTE (koolaidluke @ Aug 20 2014, 02:04 PM) *

Kind of the summary of the scouting report. High on ability. Unknown as NFL passing QB.
PhrankieG
QUOTE (JaxEagle @ Aug 20 2014, 11:03 PM) *
Kind of the summary of the scouting report. High on ability. Unknown as NFL passing QB.

Pretty much the case with any mobile qb with a live arm. I.e. Colin kapernick or even RG III as a high first rounder. There is obvious ability and potential, but can they translate to an NFL offense?

Some people here may pretend to know, but that's preposterous.

Whatever the case may be, go Foles. Hope he proves to be the guy.
mcnabbulous
QUOTE (PhrankieG @ Aug 21 2014, 10:59 AM) *
Some people here may pretend to know, but that's preposterous.

I know everything.

Mariotta will be good. He's got a good arm, but he's accurate and a good decision maker. Kaepernick is an athlete playing QB. Once his athleticism dwindles, he'll fade out quickly.

Kaepernick is lucky to have landed with a guy like Harbaugh. Good coaches bring out the best in guys and minimize their limitations. If Mariotta lands with the right coach, he can be a star.

Phits
QUOTE (PhrankieG @ Aug 21 2014, 11:59 AM) *
Pretty much the case with any....

Every draft pick is a crap shoot. Whether their talent translates to the NFL depends on many different variables.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.